How to suspend a cPanel account?
If you have Reseller or Root access, you will have full permission for cPanel/WHM control panel to impose a temporary or permanent suspension on the individual cPanel account. In this article, we will be covering step by step How to suspend a cPanel account?
Suspend cPanel Account Using WHM Panel
1. First, login into WHM panel,
https://your-domain.com:2087 or https://IP-address: 2087 or https://server-hostname: 2087.
2. Navigate to Account Information → List Account or Home → List Account.
3. Here, you have a list of cPanel account, search for the specific cPanel account using multiple filters. To expand the available options for the cPanel account, click on “+”.
4. Enter the suspension reason (Not necessary) → Click on Suspend.
5. Congratulations! You have successfully suspended the cPanel account.
Suspend cPanel Account Using Terminal
If you are root or have root-level access for the user, you will have access to suspend the cPanel account using the terminal. cPanel already created scripts to make the life of administrators easy, and those are located at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts. For the suspension action, cpanel has script /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/suspendacct, which will let you suspend the cPanel account from the terminal directly.
Syntax to suspend the cPanel account,
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/suspendacct [account] [options]
|[account]||Username of the cPanel.|
|–child-ok (Option)||Force the script to suspend a distributed cPanel account via a child node.|
|–leave-ftp-accts-enabled (Option)||Whether to skip suspension of the account’s FTP accounts.|
|–help (Option)||Display the help text for this script.|
|reason (Option)||The reason for suspension, surrounded by quotes. The script adds the given reason to the account’s /var/cpanel/suspended/username file, where username is the account’s username.|
1. Login to the terminal as root.
2. Run the following command. For this example, we will be suspending the cPanel user “khdemo” with the reason “overdue”.
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/suspendacct khdemo "overdue"
Now that we’ve gone over how to suspend a cPanel account. We have covered two options to suspend the cPanel account, including the WHM method and terminal method. If you’re a reseller user, then WHM action would work for you, and if you’re a root user, you can perform suspension using any of the described methods.
KnownHost offers 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, all 7 days of the week best in class technical support. A dedicated team ready to help you with requests should you need our assistance. You’re not using KnownHost for the best webhosting experience? Well, why not? Check with our Sales team to see what can KnownHost do for you in improving your webhosting experience.