SMTP Error 450
Description: Requested mail action not taken: mailbox unavailable (e.g., mailbox not found, no access, or command rejected for policy reasons).
What does this mean?
Generally errors ending with 0 are going to be the least specific. This error is no exception. This has many meanings or specific possibilities. The most common possibilities include:
- The recipient mail server no longer has the specified email account.
- The email account does not have proper permissions to receive email.
- The recipient mail server rejected your request due to blacklisting or filtering.
How to fix SMTP Error 450?
Hopefully the exact error you received gives a more descriptive reason. If not, here’s a few suggestions to try:
- Ensure the email account does exit.
- If you have alternative contact method for the user, contact them making them aware of the issue.
- Check your mail server’s IP address for blacklisting.
- Check your email message for “spammy” content.
- If you have an attachment, try sending with out one.
SMTP Error 450 Examples
450 Please try again later
SMTP Error 450 5.2.3 Msg Size greater than allowed by Remote Host