KnownHost Santa 2013 - Upgraded Plans for New & Existing Customers

Be appreciative and accept the free Christmas gift with grace. Remember that KH's gift is a privilege not an obligation. KH has the discretion to decide what to give to whom - period.

Either we accept or one can always chose not to accept but certainly not to complain about John and Mary getting a better gift than Paul.
It has nothing to do with fair or not. It's at the giver's discretion which in this case is our hosting provider and not one's mom and dad that the kids can complain to.

So let us appreciate the gift and enjoy the rest of the Season's Holidays.

Cheers to ALL!

Be appreciative and accept the free Christmas gift with grace. Remember that KH's gift is a privilege not an obligation. KH has the discretion to decide what to give to whom - period.

Either we accept or one can always chose not to accept but certainly not to complain about John and Mary getting a better gift than Paul.
It has nothing to do with fair or not. It's at the giver's discretion which in this case is our hosting provider and not one's mom and dad that the kids can complain to.

True. But once a course of action is decided, it should be coherent. I have every right to voice my insatisfaction about this specific course of action, and KnownHost has every right to acknowledge it it and move on. I understand it's a slipery slope, but that's the world we live in. The message that KH is sending is that my money is good, but not good enough to warrant a much better gift. It seems that I am not the only thinking this way according to very same topic. The image of KH didn't change dramatically to me, but it seems odd to follow this course of action.

So let us appreciate the gift and enjoy the rest of the Season's Holidays.

Don't get me wrong. I will enjoy the extra bandwidth, specially because I have big plans for 2014! :) I just think this could have been handled differenly.

Best of all to get these upgrades you don't have to do a thing, all customers on our current VPS-2 through VPS-7 packages and all customers currently on our Dedicated CP1 - CP4 packages will automatically get these benefits.

Just checking ... When will these benefits show up in the support pages?

Selection_001.png

I have a VPS-2 and still have only 1GB RAM. I restarted the server and nadda. I'm in WA. Am I missing something?

Catatonic,

If you would toss an email to our sales department, sales@knownhost.com to make sure that you are on our newer VPS packages and not one of our older VS packages. They'll make sure to get you taken care of to ensure Santa has taken care of you.

How do I stop posts being made in this thread sending me alerts?

I have no thread watches checked etc

TIA

True. But once a course of action is decided, it should be coherent. I have every right to voice my insatisfaction about this specific course of action, and KnownHost has every right to acknowledge it it and move on. I understand it's a slipery slope, but that's the world we live in. The message that KH is sending is that my money is good, but not good enough to warrant a much better gift. It seems that I am not the only thinking this way according to very same topic. The image of KH didn't change dramatically to me, but it seems odd to follow this course of action.

Don't get me wrong. I will enjoy the extra bandwidth, specially because I have big plans for 2014! :) I just think this could have been handled differenly.

You have said it ..... "that's the world we live in" - the more you buy the more free gifts you will get.......like all seasonal sales from departmental stores to supermarkets to online ecommerce sites. You buy $5 plan, you get the gift for this plan and you buy $10 plan, you get a better gift for this plan and so on....You get the picture. You can't expect to have the gift for $10 on your $5 plan.
Sure you have the rights to voice your dissatisfaction so does KH has the right to give what they have chosen for each hosting plan. Nothing to do with whether you money is not good enough. The better goodies comes with those plans from vps2 upwards.

So, enjoy your free upgrade and let's celebrate the New Year together for a better 2014 for All !

Happy Holidays!

Simply said, I just so appreciate anything freely offered and given by KH in excess of what I originally purchased. I also appreciate all the ultra fine support efforts KH provides. I sincerely hope that their generosity will reflect in, and secure them a brighter future for 2014 and beyond.

Thank you so much KnownHost!
You guys continue to set the bar high and higher for value and good will.
The upgrades are most appreciated.

Appreciate the upgrades as I do every year! Didn't get a Christmas card in the mail this year, but guessing KH is getting too big for that sort of thing which is a good thing. Looking forward to another year with you all.

I just wish there was an easy way to upgrade from a VPS2 plan to the SSD-2 plan.

Chad,

If you are in our TX facility we can convert your VPS over to an SSD, however if you are in our East or West coast facilities then it would involve an IP change and migration.

Chad,

If you are in our TX facility we can convert your VPS over to an SSD, however if you are in our East or West coast facilities then it would involve an IP change and migration.

Unfortunately I'm not at that DC. Seems like too much work to join up for a new SSD plan, get new IP addresses, do a migration, then cancel the old vps so i will have to stay on the old vps for now and see what SSD hosting is around.