KnownHost Santa 2013 - Upgraded Plans for New & Existing Customers

Why you keep censoring me? Again, this is what debbie told me in regards to not being able to upgrade.

Since your current VPS is located in our West Coast data center, you wouldn't be able to upgrade to an SSD plan.

Why you keep censoring me? Again, this is what debbie told me in regards to not being able to upgrade.
Since your current VPS is located in our West Coast data center, you wouldn't be able to upgrade to an SSD plan.

Derek,

As I replied in the other thread I created we are in no way attempting to censor you, however I did split the conversations since what we are discussing now does not relate to this thread title but is a separate issue.

The free upgrades applied to our VPS-* plans that were announced Christmas of 2012. Shoot an email to our billing Dept. To see what options are available for upgrading.

Fantastic! Thanks for the upgrades.

Moving to Knownhost was one of the best decisions I've made!

Last edited:
I've been a KH client a couple of years now but only joined forum today to say thank you to KH Santa.

Merry Xmas and happy new year folks!

All of our customers are important to us. The VPS-1 was and is an entry level plan.

I think we understand that. What we don't understand is why would you discriminate such customers. I pay $31 for the VSP-1 package (with cPanel and extra IP) wich is $10 shy of the VPS-2 packages with with the same extras. The difference is staggering: 1GB of RAM, 40 Gb of disk space and 1500 GB of bandwith. Even an extra 256 MB of RAM would be nice. That would send the message: "Hey, you're important to us too, even though you're on a entry level plan".

Now, I love KnownHost. I will remain a customer for now, but that sincerely puzzles my mind.

Happy holidays.

Abdul202,

Our "HY" packages were retired from our offerings on Christmas 2012, we of course will continue to support them but no future upgrades will be applied to them. If you'd like you are more than welcome to contact our sales department and have your Hybrid package upgraded to our new VPS- packages which will include the holiday upgrades.
Thank you i will contact them
merry Christmas

I have only been with KH for 3 months, and they have FAR exceeded ALL my expectations, and now this.

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome.

Thanks!

I think we understand that. What we don't understand is why would you discriminate such customers. I pay $31 for the VSP-1 package (with cPanel and extra IP) wich is $10 shy of the VPS-2 packages with with the same extras. The difference is staggering: 1GB of RAM, 40 Gb of disk space and 1500 GB of bandwith. Even an extra 256 MB of RAM would be nice. That would send the message: "Hey, you're important to us too, even though you're on a entry level plan".

Now, I love KnownHost. I will remain a customer for now, but that sincerely puzzles my mind.

Happy holidays.

VPS-1 plans got upgraded bandwidth; 1500GB to 2500GB/month.
https://www.knownhost.com/

If it's so important to you, upgrade.

VPS-1 plans got upgraded bandwidth; 1500GB to 2500GB/month.
https://www.knownhost.com/managed-vps-packages-Dec2013.html

If it's so important to you, upgrade.

So, it's a 1000 GB difference, not 1500 GB. Cool.

It's important to me that I feel like a valued customer of a company that I absolutely adore. But I think they're dropping the ball on this one. It doesn't help that I got an e-mail that doesn't affect me.

We're not talking about a $5 shared hosting account here. $31 (in my case, and I am sure I am not the only one) is substancial money. An extra 256 MB of RAM, 10 GB of disk space, and 500 GB of bandwidth would be something.

Why "entry level" customers should be treated differently? I don't understand the logic behind this. It's quite some money, after all, and just $10 shy of the VPS-2 plan. And what do we get as a gift? Nothing. Merry Christmas!

Hi Jonathan and all @ KH,

Our working association and partnership has entered into its second year and this is one surprising but most welcoming Christmas gift from KH. Thank you and much appreciated.

Despite the occasional hiccups on vps hosting, you guys did a good job at resolving the issues promptly. Compared to others, KH stands out from the crowd even though there are rooms for more improvements from the technical support end especially for managed vps. I also compliment your technical support personnel for their patience, understanding and assistance extended to this non-technical customer during the past year.

This upgrade is certainly good news and will benefit my second vps hosting package which I intended to take up after this Season's Holidays.
This RAM upgrade is definitely a booster for my vps and its hosted sites.

Once again, thank you for your generosity with this Christmas gift which is special to me. Not only will I be taking up another vps package, I will also promote/recommend KH to my clients, assosicates and friends.

Happy Holidays to ALL @ KH

Cheers!!

Hugo

So, it's a 1000 GB difference, not 1500 GB. Cool.

It's important to me that I feel like a valued customer of a company that I absolutely adore. But I think they're dropping the ball on this one. It doesn't help that I got an e-mail that doesn't affect me.

We're not talking about a $5 shared hosting account here. $31 (in my case, and I am sure I am not the only one) is substancial money. An extra 256 MB of RAM, 10 GB of disk space, and 500 GB of bandwidth would be something.

Why "entry level" customers should be treated differently? I don't understand the logic behind this. It's quite some money, after all, and just $10 shy of the VPS-2 plan. And what do we get as a gift? Nothing. Merry Christmas!

I don't think you are being treated "differently". You got a FREE 66% increase in bandwidth.

I am on VPS2 but you DON'T hear any bitching from me that VPS3 got a bigger bandwidth gift when I only pay $10 a month less! That would be extremely rude & ungrateful in my opinion.

I find it hard to understand how someone can receive a surprise gift and then start immediately bitching & moaning about it. I bet Christmas morning is a lot of fun at your house, lol.

I don't think you are being treated "differently". You got a FREE 66% increase in bandwidth.

I am on VPS2 but you DON'T hear any bitching from me that VPS3 got a bigger bandwidth gift when I only pay $10 a month less! That would be extremely rude & ungrateful in my opinion.

I find it hard to understand how someone can receive a surprise gift and then start immediately bitching & moaning about it. I bet Christmas morning is a lot of fun at your house, lol.

It it a lot of fun, actually. I am fair to my family and they're fair to me. If I give two gifts to my sister, I will give two gifts to my brother. And it isn't expensive stuff and it doesn't need to be. It just needs to be thoughtful. I give in the same proportion. I don't love my sister more that I love my brother. They're equal to me and get the some love, even if it's in a materialistic way (but Christmas is all about that, I guess). Did you spot the analogy?

Thanks for pointing that out, though. It reminded that I get a lot of fun on the Christmas morning.

Like I've said before, I will remain a customer of KnownHost. The bump in bandwidth is nice, but it should tag along with a bump in memory and disk space, like it happens with the other packages. It's only fair.