Moving from a dedi to a SSD with KH

turbo

Hi,
I want to move a third party Dedi account with 8 websites to a SSD -3 VPS with KH.

My actual dedi account use CentOS 6.8 x86_64 standard and WHM 62.0 (built 16) and is setup as per below:

srb.mysite.club as hostname with ns1.mysite.club and ns2.mysite.club

Accounts:
  • mysite.club
  • mysite2.club
  • mysite3.club
  • mysite4.com
  • mysite5.com
  • mysite6.com
  • mysite7.com
  • mysite8.com (which has whmcs installed with a monthly licence from WHMCS)
Here are my questions:

1. Can you transfer the whole account while keeping the srb.mysite.club as hostname with the same ns settings or do I need to provide an other domain name for the hostname?
  2. What Centos config do you provide?
  3. What php version do you recommend and install? (I believe the latest should be the best)
  4. Is it best to use Easyapache3 or Easyapache4 and what do you advise to setup?
  5. Is it possible to have 1 IP address for each domain hosted when ordering the SSD-3 VPS meaning 2 IPs for the hostname + 7 IPs for the mysite2.club to the mysite8.com (9 in total)
  6. Can I switch for a WHMCS KH hosted licence at $5.00/Mo and cancel my $15.00 whmcs monthly license without any issue? The mysite8.com has the whmcs install, not the domain used as name server.
  7. I've read that it's best to lower the TTL from 14400 to 300 72 hours prior the migration in your KB, so should I apply this for every settings in the DNS Functions/Edit DNS Zone to each and every accounts on the dedi
Thanks for answering these questions and for your help.

Speaking from my experience with KH...
  1. Yes, during propagation users may still see the old server but as long as the old and new server is up and running they wouldn't notice the difference. You would need to update the NS IPs with your registrar since they will very likely be changing.
  2. I have 7.3 (latest major release) on the one VPS I have with KH, whereas my Dedi's are still 6.8.
  3. EasyApache 3 only supports PHP 5, whereas EeasyApache 4 supports the latest PHP version 7. So if you're going with EasyApaceh 4, go with PHP 7. PHP 7 improves performance on your PHP scripts.
  4. The latest version is typically best, unless you have a reason to stay on 3. There are some things that will not work on 4 since they're no longer supported, but if you're not aware of them, chances are you won't be affected.
  5. Yes, I'm sure they can accommodate the additional IPs, but each additional IP will cost you extra.
  6. That's the going rate right now for any KH package. If you have the latest version of WHMCS and backup your current data, you shouldn't have any issue converting to WHMCS on your new server.
  7. Yes, that will reduce propagation. Go ahead and do that now if you're serious about switching.

Speaking from my experience with KH...
  1. Yes, during propagation users may still see the old server but as long as the old and new server is up and running they wouldn't notice the difference. You would need to update the NS IPs with your registrar since they will very likely be changing.
  2. I have 7.3 (latest major release) on the one VPS I have with KH, whereas my Dedi's are still 6.8.
  3. EasyApache 3 only supports PHP 5, whereas EeasyApache 4 supports the latest PHP version 7. So if you're going with EasyApaceh 4, go with PHP 7. PHP 7 improves performance on your PHP scripts.
  4. The latest version is typically best, unless you have a reason to stay on 3. There are some things that will not work on 4 since they're no longer supported, but if you're not aware of them, chances are you won't be affected.
  5. Yes, I'm sure they can accommodate the additional IPs, but each additional IP will cost you extra.
  6. That's the going rate right now for any KH package. If you have the latest version of WHMCS and backup your current data, you shouldn't have any issue converting to WHMCS on your new server.
  7. Yes, that will reduce propagation. Go ahead and do that now if you're serious about switching.
Thanks Josh,
I'll update my TTL ASAP and order in 3 days (72 hours)

I'm not sales by any means, but I wanted try to notate on a few things;

>> What Centos config do you provide?

All current VPS's are provisioned with CentOS 7.3, currently.

>> Is it best to use Easyapache3 or Easyapache4 and what do you advise to setup?

EasyApache 3 is no longer apart of the latest cPanel/WHM install; it's all EasyApache 4 by default, you won't have to worry about this.

PHP 7.0; comes installed by default for EasyApache 4 -- other versions will have to be configured, should you want them.

Other than that, phpAddict nailed the rest of it. You would want to talk to Sales though for clarification, as there may be a restriction on the amount of IP's available for provisioning per VPS.

Buzzing @KH-ChrisM; in case I missed anything.