KnownHost Santa Delivers: Managed KVM Cloud Servers & More

Good Mornin! ;)

The 5% and 10% is already built into the listed cost.

So the MVPS-2 is regularly

Monthly: $80
Semi-Annually: $450 (5%)
Annually: $840 (10%)

Then the coupon stacks ontop of that. Hope that helps to clear things up!
I've checked all your plans, your new pricing discount structure is $5 and $10 off per month for 6 and 12 months payment respectively instead of 5% and 10%.

I've been considering SSD for a bit - your new package prices are less expensive than they were, making the move a little easier, thanks!

When are the new multi-site WP hosting accounts you mentioned coming out? Does your affiliate program pay one time or continual (as long as a new client are hosting)?

As far as the multi-site WordPress accounts, I don't have anything more firm than Q1 is a target goal but not a hard deadline. Of course the sooner the better in my book but we want to make sure everything works properly first.

The affiliate program is a single payout per sale, however I can say it'll be getting a face lift here probably before the end of Jan to make it even more appealing but I don't believe we would ever switch to a continual pay model.

I've checked all your plans, your new pricing discount structure is $5 and $10 off per month for 6 and 12 months payment respectively instead of 5% and 10%.

Hey, that sounds more like what my spread sheets say when I designed the plans. I think my brain swapped $ and %.. I blame too much Egg Nog.. :(

I've made the jump from VPS-6 to MVPS-4 and it went great. Downtime was about 47 seconds so don't worry about the transfer being done in the background by KnownHost.

I've tested the new vCPU structure and it is acceptable. I'm a HUGE CPU user(IMAP/MailScanner and Daily External Backup) so the new vCPU allocation did make my heart skiped a beat but don't worry about it.

SSD's are faster (I/O Speed: 1.2GB/s on MVPS compare to 963MB/s on VPS).

For me, the new MVPS packages are way better in overall.

I've made the jump from VPS-6 to MVPS-4 and it went great. Downtime was about 47 seconds so don't worry about the transfer being done in the background by KnownHost.

I've tested the new vCPU structure and it is acceptable. I'm a HUGE CPU user(IMAP/MailScanner and Daily External Backup) so the new vCPU allocation did make my heart skiped a beat but don't worry about it.

SSD's are faster (I/O Speed: 1.2GB/s on MVPS compare to 963MB/s on VPS).

For me, the new MVPS packages are way better in overall.

Awesome, we're glad you are happy with the changes!

Hmm... looks like I will not invite Santa back into my house ;-)

For 5% less disc space, almost 60% less bandwidth allowance, an unknown impact on performance and a price increase of over 10% for the new option, it does not look like anything that would make sense (VPS-4 to MVPS-2). I think Santa shot himself in the food with this one.

On a side note - without your 30% discount you have successfully priced yourself out of the market (and actually even with the discount, your offering is in the top price range of managed VPS providers). You are slowly pricing yourself out of the market. The only reason I will not look for a different provider is the outstanding support and reliable service your team delivered over the years.

As mentioned to the sales team, I will stick with the current plan (especially as there is no bottleneck for me anywhere with that), but I agree with a lot of other people here that this year's Xmas surprise was not a real pleasant one.

Forum; I have had a VPS-2 for about 9 years and been extremely satisfied. I now would like to evaluate and consider moving to the MVPS-1 as the MVPS-2 would be a BIG price jump from what I am currently paying for the VPS-2 with discount ($34). I cannot seem to find the parameters of the VPS-2 to compare with what is offered by the MVPS-1 to determine if the trade off would be acceptable? In addition, I would like to see what I am currently utilizing from the VPS-2 to see if moving to the MVPS-1 would be an equitable exchange other then the performance factor. Am sure this is readily available but I seem to be having a problem finding the answers. Any guidance, help and recommendations would be very much appreciated. Happy New Year to All!

Dear Entire KnownHost Staff,
Thank you so much for this offer!
i just upgraded from an old VPS-6 plan to a MVPS-4 and, thanks to your awesome pro-rated billing system, was able to keep my former yearly payment schedule -- which is actually super-important to me!

i just want to say this: this year has been a pretty rough one for me, and i really needed a few GB of breathing space to accommodate old clients' growing needs, and bring on new ones, and, just like a real-life-digital-Santa, you came through!!

For basically the same price, i get another (very much needed) 35GB of disk space (not to mention the SSD and CPU upgrades)!!!
This allows me to bring on a new client and, hopefully, move to a dedicated server sometime mid-year!! (if all goes well)

So, again, and as always, thank you so very much for this!!
PS: i haven't benchmarked the new digs, but it seems much snappier than before..

A million thanks! (Really!)
Peter

Last edited:
Quick note: for all the love i bear towards KH, First Byte time was always rated as C or worse on webpagetest.org (even though all other grades could get up to A), whether it was a WP site or a straight-up html site..

Well, i'm super-extra-mega-happy to report that First Byte time is now an A on all my clients' sites (WP or other); in fact, according to their spec, the grade should really be A+++!
here's the proof: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/180101_3S_092f43710d45d102f51f86db3b7ac154/

Thank you again for this great upgrade!

Quick note: for all the love i bear towards KH, First Byte time was always rated as C or worse on webpagetest.org (even though all other grades could get up to A), whether it was a WP site or a straight-up html site..

Well, i'm super-extra-mega-happy to report that First Byte time is now an A on all my clients' sites (WP or other); in fact, according to their spec, the grade should really be A+++!
here's the proof: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/180101_3S_092f43710d45d102f51f86db3b7ac154/

Thank you again for this great upgrade!

And that is from Strasburg France, it is faster if you change the test location to a USA.

Forum; I have had a VPS-2 for about 9 years and been extremely satisfied. I now would like to evaluate and consider moving to the MVPS-1 as the MVPS-2 would be a BIG price jump from what I am currently paying for the VPS-2 with discount ($34). I cannot seem to find the parameters of the VPS-2 to compare with what is offered by the MVPS-1 to determine if the trade off would be acceptable? In addition, I would like to see what I am currently utilizing from the VPS-2 to see if moving to the MVPS-1 would be an equitable exchange other then the performance factor. Am sure this is readily available but I seem to be having a problem finding the answers. Any guidance, help and recommendations would be very much appreciated. Happy New Year to All!
Never thought I would say it but I am not the happiest with KH at the moment.
I have two VPS's. The one in question here was running on VPS-2 and I was happy with the way things was. Despite the fact that I was running borderline on the ram usage I decided to "upgrade" to MVPS-1 to get the benefit of SSD and CPU. What I have on the box does not justify the price difference between VPS2 and MVPS-2.

Everything went well and definitely an increase in performance but I am out of RAM. If I can get the RAM back to 2,5GB like the old box I would be happy. There is just no chance that I will be forking out an extra $22 for the sake of 500mb ram... Seriously considering shutting down this box.

Reactions: WBW
If I can get the RAM back to 2,5GB like the old box I would be happy.
Similar to my own feelings on it. Apart from the RAM, I could deal with lower specs on MVPS-1, moving from Manage VPS-3. I'm fairly sure that won't be enough RAM, but there's no ala-carte, and they removed quarterly payments also. I'd be forced to move to MVPS-2, and would have to agree to a year to get even close to my current pricing. I only have the one VPS, so not apparently worth the effort to offer any deal or get special "reaching out" treatment. I get that, but it still ruined Xmas. ;)

I have two VPS's. The one in question here was running on VPS-2 and I was happy with the way things was. Despite the fact that I was running borderline on the ram usage I decided to "upgrade" to MVPS-1 to get the benefit of SSD and CPU. What I have on the box does not justify the price difference between VPS2 and MVPS-2.

Everything went well and definitely an increase in performance but I am out of RAM. If I can get the RAM back to 2,5GB like the old box I would be happy. There is just no chance that I will be forking out an extra $22 for the sake of 500mb ram... Seriously considering shutting down this box.

If you were running close to your ram limit why would you get a package with less ram?