KnownHost Santa Delivers: Managed KVM Cloud Servers & More

Discussion in 'Specials and Announcements' started by KH-Jonathan, Dec 25, 2017.

1. myuption

myuption New Member

Would you mind telling us which tools were removed or disabled? I also have VPS2, but I am worried about RAM in the MVPS1.
  2. KH-JonathanKW

KH-JonathanKW All Business. Staff Member

He's most likely referring to dovecot solr or 'cpanelsolr'

This was automatically added and installed to cPanel servers on version WHM 64.

Fast Email Searching (IMAP Full Text Search)
    Full-Text Search Indexing (powered by Solr) provides fast search capabilities for IMAP mailboxes. Users of iOS devices, Microsoft® Outlook™, SquirrelMail, Horde, Roundcube, and Mozilla™ Thunderbird will notice significantly improved search speed and convenience.

It can use up to 512mb of memory; if you don't need this -- you can disable it through WHM

Login to WHM > Click on Service Configuration > Service Manager

Under the second section; uncheck 'enabled' and 'monitor' for cpanel-dovecot-solr

I've attached a screenshot to help identify.

Attached Files:

3. WBW

WBW Member

Weird, I don't have that anywhere, and some of what is in there is in a different order than that cap. WHM v68.0.25
  4. Yagami

Yagami Member

I also do not have cpanelsolr despite being in v68
  5. myuption

myuption New Member

Me neither :/
    I only see Dovecot IMAP Server, Dovecot LMTP Server and Dovecot POP3 Server. All enabled.

In between I see Name Service Cache Daemon The system detected 874 MB of available memory. You should disable this service until the system has at least 1,000 MB of available memory. What is that?

My VPS only has blogs, less than 50,000 visits per month as a whole in 3 accounts. I manage email accounts via G Suite or Zoho. I use cron to trigger blogs and newsletter plugin.

Attached Files:

6. Yagami

Yagami Member

Is it OK to disable Name Service Cache Daemon if one is using Cloudflare DNS ?
  7. Peter Bernard

Peter Bernard New Member

Look for "Deselect a service to disable it." It is 2 below that on my CPanel.
  8. VoX

VoX New Member

@German I'm with you. I have a vps 4 looking to move to the MVPS 2 but I'll be squeezed even more on disk space and they have removed the quarterly option for payments. Seems there are less options with new KH. Just need to keep cost down, and it's getting harder to do. I guess I'm staying put for now.
  9. myuption

myuption New Member

Thanks, but not in mine :(
  10. Francesco V.

Francesco V. New Member

I am on VPS-3, 42.5$, monthly payment ( I don't want to to quarterly or yearly). Usage: hobby stuff, i am not making a business with it.
    Moving to MVPS2 is about 15% increase in price. A no-go, for me.
    It seems that for VPS3 owner there is the worst situation if we talk about migrate on SSD VPS.
    I will stick on VPS3, but I confess I am starting to look around because in my opinion the old VPS will not be available for long time. Just a guess, I hope to be wrong.
  11. WBW

WBW Member

I had the same concern and plan, and decided to move to the smallest SSD VPS plan. I gave up quarterly, a lot of space and bandwidth and less available RAM, but I'm spending a lot less now. They did this to themselves, reducing my spending. ;) Some Christmas gift.
    VoX likes this.
  12. VoX

VoX New Member

KH seems to be starving the middle options. Either get a deal at the bottom end or spend more at the top. I see all the reasoning, and SSD is a little more expensive than spinning HDD.
  13. jcurioca

jcurioca New Member

I hope KH give more middle options to us. maybe a new plan beetween MVPS-1 and MVPS-2. Something about 35US a month???
  14. KH-Jonathan

KH-Jonathan Director of Managed Services Staff Member

MVPS with the current 30% lifetime coupon is only $35/mo :)

Chimpie likes this.
  15. VoX

VoX New Member

Alright made the switch to the MVPS-2 this morning. So far things seems a bit more responsive. I did notice that the server loads percentages are a little higher after the switch over. I'm assuming that's because the load is more concentrated to two full cores and not the percentage of the 16 shared cores?

Anyways, it seems to be running great with very low load averages.

nodequery-scrncap (2).png
  16. KH-Jonathan

Since those are percentage based and not load average the rise is definitely explained by the difference in cores. Looks like you still have plenty of headroom :)
  17. Yagami

Yagami Member

I'm trying to study the difference between the regular VPS and Cloud VPS. On your website description, it states that cPanel/WHM or DirectAdmin is included for the regular VPS plans. On the other hand, only cPanel or DirectAdmin is included for the Cloud VPS plans. Meaning to say WHM is not included? If that is the case, how can we fine-tune our own private server?
  18. KH-Jonathan

WHM is part of cPanel. It's a package deal. We should probably update that to be consistent between the two just to prevent confusion :)
  19. Yagami

Yagami Member