Please allow us to reopen a closed ticket

Lisaweb

Been with various managed support hosts for years, and there's always the over-enthusiastic tech who reads the ticket wrong and closes it, thinking it was completed. Always had the option to open the ticket back up to clarify the situation and get the tech back on the issue. But recently had it happen here, and couldn't find any way to open the ticket back up. Was I just missing it? If not, it would be great if you could implement such a feature. Thanks!

Hello Lisa,

Sorry to hear your issue was not resolved. Could you please send me the Ticket number of the Ticket in question?

Thanks,
Chris.M

Thanks Chris! However, that's not the intention of my post - my ticket was completely resolved, and the tech did a great job. However, I had to open a new ticket to request that the unresolved ticket be opened again.

The thing is, no ones perfect and sometimes mistakes happen. So I was just requesting a new feature, because when I needed to open the ticket back up, I couldn't find anyway to do so. So if that feature could be implemented, it would be very useful. Thanks!

That's a feature KH use to have and was recently removed in the last 6 months or so. I agree, it would be nice to have that feature put back in place. I liked to close the tickets myself rather than ask or wait for it to expire.

The reason we did away with it is people had tendency to open 1,2,3, 5+ year old tickets and it caused immense confusion for techs. It's pretty easy to be going through a ticket and something be totally different or irrelevant if the ticket was opened that long ago.

We don't forcibly close tickets, however, for this very reason. If a ticket got force closed on you there was likely a misunderstanding. Our policy is to send tickets to "awaiting reply" and if you, the customer, never reply it will auto close after a set amount of time.

The reason we did away with it is people had tendency to open 1,2,3, 5+ year old tickets and it caused immense confusion for techs. It's pretty easy to be going through a ticket and something be totally different or irrelevant if the ticket was opened that long ago.

We don't forcibly close tickets, however, for this very reason. If a ticket got force closed on you there was likely a misunderstanding. Our policy is to send tickets to "awaiting reply" and if you, the customer, never reply it will auto close after a set amount of time.

Oh, of course it happens because of misunderstandings. And that's exactly what happened in my case, it was just a simple mistake (the tech assumed it was a duplicate ticket because it was the same request - but for another server). But not being able to open it back up was extremely frustrating as it left me feeling powerless, and the only thing I could do was post a new ticket saying "Please open my other ticket back up!".

@KH-Jonathan How about rather than removing that feature entirely, just remove the ability to re-open a ticket that's more than a week old?

That's exactly my thought as well. It's an excellent compromise. And it's a pretty easy thing to code in. Please, KnownHost, make it so! :)