KnownHost Santa 2014

I don't think it's BS. I don't remember ever getting an upgrade at HG, let alone every year. I'm glad it goes to new customers too. I don't get any joy out of having something someone else doesn't have, just because I get it and they don't. I am just grateful that I am paying the same price for more bandwidth, storage, etc.

All customers purchasing the same package should get the same thing. I agree. What I think is BS is giving me what I paid for is labeled a "gift" as this thread is titled. I paid for it, same as everone else. If the package is upgraded I should get the upgrade, but that isn't a gift.

All customers purchasing the same package should get the same thing. I agree. What I think is BS is giving me what I paid for is labeled a "gift" as this thread is titled. I paid for it, same as everone else. If the package is upgraded I should get the upgrade, but that isn't a gift.

Pngscuba, You'll find that with most all hosts the plan you purchase initially is the plan you're stuck with. As newer and faster plans come out, with most hosts, if you want to upgrade to one of the newer faster servers you have to purchase the new package and migrate to the new server. It's rare that a host upgrades existing servers such as KH in this case. You should really be more appreciative that they did this both at no cost to you and no work on your part at all. If it really was marketing BS, as you said, they'd have no reason to upgrade existing customers systems would they? they could just offer the new specs and advertise it to only new customers. I thank you KH. :D

If it really was marketing BS, as you said, they'd have no reason to upgrade existing customers systems would they? they could just offer the new specs and advertise it to only new customers.
You have just described most every hosting provider. I'm thankful that KnownHost is NOT in that category. KnownHost is a business. It exists to make a profit. There are many methods to do that. KnownHost has chosen a method that fosters customer loyalty, which was a common method for service industries 50 years ago but is almost non-existent in that sector today.

I also think it was a smart business decision to call the upgrades a gift. It gives KH the flexibility to offer new services without handcuffing their future, which is what would happen if they guaranteed upgrades to current customers.

It comes down to this: I was happy to receive an upgrade to my SSD-2 plan...no matter what it was called. ;)

Being a customer since Dec 2009 I can say without reservation that I would have been delighted to have nothing more then what I originally signed on for. The pricing, quality of service, support and especially the Santa Gifts over these years has just cemented my loyalty to KH. The additions is very much appreciated no matter what name KH gives the additional service or who KH elects to dole it out to.

So more marketing BS. All you did was give the existing customers what you already offered to a new customer. Not a gift or even recognition of customer loyalty. I don't expect anything special and have had excellent service and response from KH. Disappointed though in this marketing hype.

You signed up for a program. They upped their end at no cost to you. So what if they offer new customers the same deal?

Try getting the new customer deal from the cell phone or cable company.

There's always got to be someone hasn't there... :rolleyes:

it's not what you paid for. What you paid for on your VPS-3 is 2.5GB RAM, 70GB disc, 600GB bandwidth (or maybe even lesser specs if you've had it more than a year or two). You had that on a rolling monthly contract- Similar to a mobile phone contract, you get certain resources for X months and after that time you can either continue to pay the same money for the same resources, or you can start a new contract. In this case you are only tied-in one month-by-month.

Now you are getting more resources.

As others have said, most hosting companies will not upgrade those resources during the life of your contract. Knownhost HAVE upgraded your resources, at no extra cost, so what exactly is the problem? (hint, there isn't one :p )

Before coming to Knownhost for a VPS-2, I had a reseller account (shared hosting) at Host Gator. The last 24 months I was with HG, I had my eye on their VPS packages, and aside from them not being parcicularly good value, their resources haven't changed in 2 years or more.

If you buy a car and get a monthly payment plan on it, you don't expect the car's spec to be upgraded during the time you are paying it off, do you (unless you bought a Tesla)?

Bit late with the reply,
..But thank you very very much, for the great service throughout the years!

Most hosting companies only fix things reactively when they are broken, while charging same cost.

Knownhost spends money on projects like datacenter move, seamlessly improving service while passing on savings as hardware santa every year.

I've been with them for 4years or more, never had to call for offline stuff, only to helpme with 3rd party stuff that is outside their support scope (still helps me).

For a direct consumer facing service, they are doing amazing. Keep it up.

Known Host = You are well known hosting that know how to pleased the customer!
THANK YOU!

I have no regret moving my vps here.. cause I can focus grow my business without the need to worry manage my vps