Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas! (KnownHost Santa 2015 Edition)

KH-Jonathan

CTO
Staff member
Dear Valued KnownHost Customer,

The season is upon us and KnownHost Santa is arriving yet again with bigger and better presents. Santa doesn't put up with any slacking from his elves, they've been working hard to provide great gifts to all of our customers.

We are proud to announce that our rock solid SSD VPS line is now available in all three of our datacenter locations. You will get the same great SSD performance but now have a choice between Dallas Texas, Seattle Washington and Baltimore Maryland!

In addition to the new locations for our SSD VPS line up we are happy to announce free upgrades to all of our customers on our VPS and SSD VPS, and dedicated server Packages! Best of all to get these upgrades you don't have to do a thing, all customers on our current VPS, SSD VPS and dedicated server packages will automatically get these benefits. Please allow up to 24 hours for new resource limits to be applied to your VPS/SSD, dedicated packages are upgraded instantly.

This holiday announcement for the free upgrades to existing VPS and SSD VPS and dedicated server packages is delivered to you by KnownHost Santa and is something we at KnownHost are very proud of. We like to take this time to say "Thank you" to all of our customers and express our appreciation.

From all of us here at KnownHost we would like to wish everyone a happy holidays. We are looking forward to even more exciting developments in 2016 so stay tuned and thank you for being a KnownHost customer!

Don't forget to check us out on Facebook for special discounts not offered anywhere else.
www.facebook.com/KnownHost/

All of our plan and package upgrades can be seen here:
VPS upgrades: www.knownhost.com/managed-vps-hosting-2015-compare.html
SSD upgrades: www.knownhost.com/managed-ssd-vps-hosting-2015-compare.html
Dedicated upgrades: www.knownhost.com/managed-dedicated-hosting-2015-compare.html

Good stuff. I signed up for a VPS-2 just over a year ago - Nov 2014 I believe. Now, for the same price, I'm getting pretty much what the VPS 3 had at that time! Almost 50% more RAM, 25% more storage and 75% more bandwidth transfer!!! Not to mention of course the stellar support team.

Whichever way you look at it, that's excellent value and I love the fact the value doesn't deflate with time. Well done and thank you to all at KnownHost, merry Christmas guys & gals.

One small little point. Am I correct in assuming that the VPS1 now in fact meets the min system requirements for cPanel? :)

One small little point. Am I correct in assuming that the VPS1 now in fact meets the min system requirements for cPanel? :)

Technically speaking, yes. We still recommend 2GB+ for running it on CentOS 7 which is what new VPSs are provisioned with now.

Are there any plans to eventually allow managed dedicated services from Seattle? I know that our organization (in Western Canada) would move from your Dallas location in a heartbeat if it were an option.

Are there any plans to eventually allow managed dedicated services from Seattle? I know that our organization (in Western Canada) would move from your Dallas location in a heartbeat if it were an option.

There are currently no plans relating to this. I wouldn't say it's impossible, but highly unlikely any time soon.

What is the new space one VPS-1? :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    268.9 KB · Views: 9,077
Thank you Santa
Been with you for 5 years or so. Absolutely the best support I've ever seen!!
On my wish list is........ Cloud backup.

Slightly confused, on first read it appears that all customers including those with dedicated servers are getting an upgrade, but on second read it appears the available dedicated packages are being upgraded so we won't get anything unless we take out a new package, and this is obviously available to everyone. So are we Dedicated customers on the naughty list and, like last year, Santa is not delivering to us?

Slightly confused, on first read it appears that all customers including those with dedicated servers are getting an upgrade, but on second read it appears the available dedicated packages are being upgraded so we won't get anything unless we take out a new package, and this is obviously available to everyone. So are we Dedicated customers on the naughty list and, like last year, Santa is not delivering to us?

All dedicated servers are getting additional bandwidth: https://www.knownhost.com/managed-dedicated-hosting-2015-compare.html

Ok. Nice to know. Not that it will make any difference to me as my bandwidth use is very low. I also have a VPS over on your sister site Rocketvps and have had since soon after it started. How come we never get any Christmas pressies from them? Actually, looking at the site I think everybody over there just closed up shop and went home in 2013, does not seem to have been any changes to the site since!

Ok. Nice to know. Not that it will make any difference to me as my bandwidth use is very low. I also have a VPS over on your sister site Rocketvps and have had since soon after it started. How come we never get any Christmas pressies from them? Actually, looking at the site I think everybody over there just closed up shop and went home in 2013, does not seem to have been any changes to the site since!

We've noticed that too. We've got some announcements coming later in 2016 for RocketVPS customers :)

Quote: We've noticed that too. We've got some announcements coming later in 2016 for RocketVPS customers :)

Yay.. Santa didn't forget me, he's just running late. Probably got pulled over by the NORAD patrol!