If you have such a customized setup it might be best for you to move those applications if you originally installed them. We can definitely take a look at it though if you wish but it sounds like you're doing a lot outside of the panel.i have installed java, tomcat, node and other.
Should these programs be installed on my own?
or are they already copied in the migration?
I understand that there are 7 days in which the two servers will work to be able to migrate correctly, is this correct?
UC plans are 100% self-managed and we will not assist in migrations to them.the migrations plans aplicate for unmanaged cloud?
UC 8GB for example.
is the same performance?
yes i did outside of the panel.If you have such a customized setup it might be best for you to move those applications if you originally installed them. We can definitely take a look at it though if you wish but it sounds like you're doing a lot outside of the panel.
the 7 days are valids in this option?If you have such a customized setup it might be best for you to move those applications if you originally installed them. We can definitely take a look at it though if you wish but it sounds like you're doing a lot outside of the panel.
UC plans are 100% self-managed and we will not assist in migrations to them.
Howdy,Currently on a legacy VPS-2 hard disk based account. Not heavily utilized. Verified with support that utilization is well within guidelines for higher tier Reseller shared hosting. My concern is looking over specs for the plans, they are hard limited to 10MB / sec disk speed. Seems to be a low limit which is a concern. Aside from caching effects, that limits account to 100mbps basically. Any plans to change that with future roll outs? Trying to figure out which way to take the account due to CPanel changes.
Also see that it comes with one static IPv6 address. Are IPv4 statics available as add ons? If so price point?
Thanks. My question concerning notice was really because you had mentioned that they would be queuing migrations due to the number required.If you want to do 24 hours prior to your actual migration, you can do that. You'll be working with Billing who can initiate your migration request to Support whenever your ready. So, you would let them know you're interested in migrating. Advise them that you'll reply back in 24 hours when you're ready to begin, when you reply then they will initiate your request and only then that has happened will Support begin to perform any migration related work.
All email accounts will be migrated to the new server.
Thanks for sticking with us for so long!I currently have a legacy VPS-2 server hosted with you, originally purchased almost ten years ago, when I ran an active Forum. I closed the forum (Invision based) some years ago, but have kept it online as a read only archive (no registrations / no new posts). In addition to that I have several personal sites on the server, all wordpress based blogs, at various stages, generating between 500 and 4000 visits per MONTH per blog.
I'm no web expert, but I don't think that the combination of these would be taxing the VPS resources to the limit?, and so I may be better taking this opportunity of moving them onto a reseller environment, which not only will bring about a reasonable annual saving in hosting fees but also avoid the increased Cpanel fees, as I believe that Cpanel & WHM is included in the Reseller accounts?.
So to my questions
1) Would it be possible to downgrade my account, at some point in the near future from the legacy VPS-2 to either a "professional" or "premium" reseller account?
2) What level of disruption would I experience if the above is carried out?
3) Are the collection of sites, as i've described, suitable for hosting on a reseller account?
4) Can you confirm that Reseller accounts will continue to avoid the increased Cpanel fees from October?
5) Can you allocate different PHP versions on different accounts on the Reseller account (e.g have one site using PHP 5.6)?.
6) Are there any benefits moving from a legacy VPS to a Cloud Environment, even at reseller level?
Sorry for all of the questions but I want to make an informed decision. Thanks, in advance, for your reply.
I'm not too sure. Most white-label DNS providers don't have integrations and people just manage things manually. Until your post here I'd never even heard of BuddyNS or known of any DNS providers with cPanel plugins aside from Cloudflare.I have a MVPS-2 and I'm very interested in migrating to DirectAdmin. From reading this thread I see that CSF works fine on DA. I would be fine with whatever your standard security / speed setup is on DA. I usually try to keep everyone on the latest stable version of PHP (whatever that is these days ... 7.1? 7.2? ... something like that). All of my sites are either forums or WordPress sites for micro-businesses and small non-profits.
But, I have BuddyNS set up for white label name servers on their Pro Plan for up to 50 domains (have 26 hosted). They have a cPanel plugin but not a DirectAdmin one. They expressed an interest in it back in 2012 at https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=43621 and someone later said they use the API to integrate DA with BuddyNS back in 2014 - https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=49459. I have a question in to them to see if they have updated instructions.
Do you know of any other white label DNS services that work well with DA? I am trying to keep the costs in line with my small hosting business, and BuddyNS is pretty inexpensive.
I'm so excited for the new dedicated line to be available by the end of the year! Hurry up
- Dedicated Servers - We will be making huge changes when it comes to our dedicated server offerings. Coming towards the end of the year we will be releasing brand new top of the line dedicated server offerings based on the latest generation Intel CPUs and enterprise-grade servers from SuperMicro hosted in our new Atlanta, GA facility. Along with the hardware upgrades, we're going to be providing a new user experience for customers with dedicated servers. This includes extending advanced features to you such as direct console access and power port control. During this launch period we will be reaching out to all of our dedicated server customers offering free upgrades and unique offers to ensure that every customer has the power and resources their application stack requires.