Exciting Changes at KnownHost & cPanel Pricing

Does Jonathon at Way to the Web offer any services for DirectAdmin? If not, will he? If you don't know, I'll email him directly and ask. I want him to be able to keep buying seeds for his birds. (DAMN! I *am* old! I still remember when he and his girlfriend offered one-on-one free advice on the cPanel forum back in the early '00's....).

I do not know.

I have an MVPS-1 plan, how much will it cost to renew now with cPanel?

If we move to DirectAdmin, It seems AutoSSL will be preserved, How about WHM accounts? Is it similar? I share my VPS with a couple friends, each one has an independent account.

I prefer your Santa emails rather than this. JA :eek:

I have an MVPS-1 plan, how much will it cost to renew now with cPanel?

If we move to DirectAdmin, It seems AutoSSL will be preserved, How about WHM accounts? Is it similar? I share my VPS with a couple friends, each one has an independent account.

I prefer your Santa emails rather than this. JA :eek:

The increase for MVPS-1 is $6/mo.

DA has an equivalent system to AutoSSL indeed. WHM accounts - they will be reseller-level DA accounts. cPanel accounts become user-level DA accounts.

We prefer Santa emails too :( The new datacenter buildouts are exciting though so it wasn't all bad news in this email!

Hello,

For me, the 6$/month increase is nothing (like 3 coffees/montlhy) so I will not change to DA. I'm staying wit cPanel. No need to bother my customers to use a new control panel for as little as 6$/month.

Can't wait to see the new dedicated servers offers :D

Thanks for the update!

For us - the $6 increase is not an issue and I am ok to absorb the price increase. But I will make every attempt to stand on principle and not support cpanel because the VC's are in charge of that game now. Should I open a ticket to get my account moved over to Direct Admin?

Hi,

thank you for the encompassing information you provided. I'm with KnownHost now for 9+ years and I'm most assuredly more interested in your fantastic support and excellent VPS-hosting, than in anything else. However, like the other user above, I am not prepared to make the migration this month, possibly neither next month. I believe I have to adjust and update a couple of things first.

So, will this offer stand? Meaning, can I simply pay an additional $6 in October and November, while I adjust everything as I want and then have you migrate my VPS to another using DirectAdmin? And the price drops back to before?

Also, I use 5 IPs altogether, will all of them change? If yes, will they be used in a similar pattern as those I have now are used?

Also, at least for myself I foresee asking you to make even minor changes for a while until I get used to the new panel. I bet I'm not alone in that :oops:. Won't the whole brouhaha not stress your team too hard?

I'm currently located in the Texan datacenter. Will this be closed, or did I misunderstand something?

Cheers, R

Hi,

thank you for the encompassing information you provided. I'm with KnownHost now for 9+ years and I'm most assuredly more interested in your fantastic support and excellent VPS-hosting, than in anything else. However, like the other user above, I am not prepared to make the migration this month, possibly neither next month. I believe I have to adjust and update a couple of things first.

So, will this offer stand? Meaning, can I simply pay an additional $6 in October and November, while I adjust everything as I want and then have you migrate my VPS to another using DirectAdmin? And the price drops back to before?

Also, I use 5 IPs altogether, will all of them change? If yes, will they be used in a similar pattern as those I have now are used?

Also, at least for myself I foresee asking you to make even minor changes for a while until I get used to the new panel. I bet I'm not alone in that :oops:. Won't the whole brouhaha not stress your team too hard?

I'm currently located in the Texan datacenter. Will this be closed, or did I misunderstand something?

Cheers, R

It will stand for a while, at least through the end of the year I think. Eventually it will end as we'll shut down the internal systems used to track it, etc. but basically as long as people are making the move, we'll keep the offer going. We will perform free migrations from cPanel>DA forever it's just the simplified billing of the new VPS I'm referring to here. The $6/$12 part is here to stay for all current services. It's unknown if/when we might release new packages that will change this but existing folk will stay on this $6 method and be grandfathered indefinitely on the services to which it's tied.

Yes all IPs would change - there's no guarantee on the patterns. IPs are assigned by our system at random.

If we get too loaded with migrations we will queue them up as to not overload our team. We are seeing a larger than anticipated interest in migrating from cPanel to DirectAdmin but we have a lot of very smart and efficient people and support is running smoothly as usual on our end, even with migration requests coming in :)

All VPSs in Dallas will be moved to Atlanta which is built out with a much better network and other infrastructure.

Is there something I am missing? Are there that many customers and/or providers that have no choice but to continue with cPanel? I think this change in cPanel pricing structure might just turn and bite them in the butt.

Is there something I am missing? Are there that many customers and/or providers that have no choice but to continue with cPanel? I think this change in cPanel pricing structure might just turn and bite them in the butt.

It's just a calculated move on their part. I'm sure some accountant said somewhere "We can do X and only lose Y customers and still make more money".

I have a reseller account expiring in Jan 22. There are not many domains on it and I am the only one that accesses WHM or CPanel. Is it better for you if I switched to DA? I personally don't care if I use CPanel or DA.

I have a reseller account expiring in Jan 22. There are not many domains on it and I am the only one that accesses WHM or CPanel. Is it better for you if I switched to DA? I personally don't care if I use CPanel or DA.

Shared/Reseller hosting prices are not changing. We are already looking into DA-based shared hosting for what it's worth.