cPanel issues?

Jeren

Time Lord
I know that my cPanel has taken a LOT longer to load than it used to. Sites and everything come up fine, but cPanel itself takes a while. A few customers of mine have noted it, and one customer has even had difficulty getting into cPanel at times.

Should I just assume that this is due to updates to cPanel 11?

I noticed this as well at times, and Aussie, I don't think it's due to the updates, since sometimes, it's blazing fast and it would actually happen every now and again before the cPanel 11 updates.

It's no big deal; cPanel and WHM might take an extra 2 or 3 seconds to load. But just wanted to note, you're not the only one.

If it's any consolation, right now, it's loading almost immediately over here. :)

Unfortunately, it isn't just 2 or 3 seconds for me. It just took 14 seconds for it to load for me. Customer says that it sometimes takes a minute for their webmail to load up.

And as a reseller, would I have root SSH access to try fixing any of this? Or is this even the cause of the problem?

Thanks to a quick reply to a support ticket (as Knownhost does often), access time was improved by switching to a different theme. For now, it seems to be working. We'll see what happens if and when cPanel itself updates again...whenever that is.

Just out of curiousity what theme were you using and what theme did you switch too?

Cpanel has been extremely slow for me also. I am using x3 right now. I like the layout and the way it looks.

It was running very fast and smooth until recently, the last few days or so. I don't remember what updates if any were installed right off hand. I have cpanel/whm set to manual release tree, and the other security updates set to auto.

I'll try some other themes and see what happens.

Thanks.
gameutopia

Try switching back to "x" theme - it suppose to work faster than new "x3" however every theme in cPanel v11 started to work slower compared to v10. I guess it will take some time for cPanel developers to optimize everything and return things back to acceptable speed. Let's see what will happen over next couple weeks/months.

Regards,
Paul

US VPS hosting at its best from KnownHost.

I was originally using X. I am now on X3. I'll go back to X and see what happens, though the main issue was with a customer of mine.

You'd think the cPanel people would check these things before making a release.

Try switching back to "x" theme - it suppose to work faster than new "x3" however every theme in cPanel v11 started to work slower compared to v10. I guess it will take some time for cPanel developers to optimize everything and return things back to acceptable speed. Let's see what will happen over next couple weeks/months.

Regards,
Paul
Most likely, your correct.
cPanel Developers need time to check on all the small things

I was originally using X. I am now on X3. I'll go back to X and see what happens, though the main issue was with a customer of mine.

You'd think the cPanel people would check these things before making a release.
Pretty much, the same thing I told paul.
cPanel Developers are makeing sure atleast cPanel works.
They wanna get cPanel v11 out then work on all the small things.

-Kody :]

But aren't we always told it's the little things in life that matter? ;)

Oh, and cPanel seems to be doing much better now, in case anyone reading this post is interested.

But aren't we always told it's the little things in life that matter?

Yeah but im sure as you can figure it,
cPanel base is the most important thing needed.
Then the small things.
x3 has a average load time of .005 seconds. :]] - on my page anyways.
[Execution Time.]

I've learned that I'm never around the average on anything, sanity included.

As long as cPanel keeps improving, then it'll be fine. I know I like the new little nifty features in version 11. I never saw the video tutorials link in v10, so I'm thinking thats new (and quite useful!).

Sorry, yes, but I'm definitely grateful. I've seen sites that sell videos like that. Having them included in cPanel without a charge to us is very nice, indeed.