Bigger SSD VPS packages

lrodriguez

Hello,

In the VPS packages with non-SSD harddrive you have upto VPS-7, but in the SSD packages the biggest is SSD-5.

Is there any plan to create some bigger SSD VPS packages for next year? Like a SSD-6 and SSD7 with more harddrive space.

Thanks.

If you ask sales I'm sure they'll customize whatever it is you're looking for. SSD's are best for databases, not so much for massive file storage as far as cost per GB. What is it you'll be storing that you're looking for such a large SSD package?

Hello,

In the VPS packages with non-SSD harddrive you have upto VPS-7, but in the SSD packages the biggest is SSD-5.

Is there any plan to create some bigger SSD VPS packages for next year? Like a SSD-6 and SSD7 with more harddrive space.

Thanks.

Out of curiosity, what is it that you find yourself needing a bigger SSD package for? Tons of accounts? A few large files?

I'm considering a dedicated server, but I've been using a VPS for the last 7 years. So I would like to stay using a VPS, unless there is no choice.
I've seen that some other providers are already offering bigger VPS SSD packages. That's why I was asking about it.

Thanks.

Out of curiosity, what is it that you find yourself needing a bigger SSD package for? Tons of accounts? A few large files?
My use case is that I need only a moderate number of accounts (20) per VPS. But I need to allocate 5 GB of usable disk per account. Since part of each VPS disk is consumed by OS, swap, etc, etc, the SSD-5 plan only nets about 90 GB of available disk. Then leaving a little additional breathing room, say another 10 GB, that brings me down to 80 GB of usable space for client accounts. 80/20 accounts is 4 GB per account, which is short of the 5 GB I want per account.

Why not just reduce the number of accounts to 16, to get my 5 GB per? The answer is cost. I need to be at a level of 20 per VPS to make it work for me from a cost perspective.

Why not just do a dedicated? Again, the answer is cost. Not to mention that I really like the class of the processors in the SSD-X VPS's, and to get that kind of processor in a dedicated gets even more pricey.

So if there were a SSD-6 with 120 GB of disk, at a logically incremental price, I would most likely be able to do what I want.

A wandering and 'too-much-info' answer, but there it is... :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Maybe do some tests using an HDD option? You'd save money and you may be surprised by their performance. SSDs are great for large/complex SQL queries and internal processing using files but sounds like you're just uploading/downloading files which would only marginally benefit from an SSD option since it's more limited by the users internet speed.