frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussie_Boy,

you will see earlier that I have posted a compliment in regard to your support. I also believe I followed up and said one issue remained.

Thanks for that. However based on posts in this thread today's comment was recognized as continuation of the original issue which was related to MySQL database operations within your VPS.

In regard to moving to a more stable network, I asked you about CA and the traceroute you provided indicated the same issue. If that is not the case, then your email certainly did not say that CA was fine. Please don't misrepresent me either - given the effect this has, it takes planning and if CA has the same issues, why move?

Sure, traceroute was provided. To find out if packet loss is the same or not pings needs to be executed from both locations at the very same time and at the moment when packet loss happens. At the moment when I provided you with traceroute information there was no packet loss.

Edit - these are not "occasional" timeouts. Having to refresh or press the link twice every time to get a site/web page to load is not occasional.

Unless I missed something in the long ticket where we talked about this I do not recall seeing the above provided description in the ticket. We discussed timeouts that occur both on your site, WHM, etc but I wasn't under the impression that you have to refresh every single page twice to get it displayed. It this is the case sure it is quite bad and needs to be resolved. Taking in account that most of your users are using the same ISP as you are it might be a good idea to talk to the ISP about hosting solutions they may offer? Taking a site closer to majority of your users is something that might make sense to consider.

Aussie_Boy,

also, I appreciate that you did the ping test on one of the customer ip's however as I said I am the meat in the sandwich as on that one test you said it wass an Optus issue however the Optus Engineers email to another user affected by this network isue said:

"Our testings point to a problem either within Cogent's network or on a peering link
between Cogent and Singtel in LA.
--
I'd suggest that the owner of the domain approach his hosting provider and have them
escalate to Cogent. We can't escalate to Cogent as we have no peering with
them."

As per the reply in your ticket this morning - if this would be the case ping to multiple SigTel's hops would show packet loss but yet this happens only on the hop between SingTel and Optus.

And, also based on the ticket history, you had number of users located in the same country as you are who didn't experience problems accessing your sites. Traffic for these users also goes through Cogent -> SingTel but they aren't using Optus if my memory serves me right.

So in the case of moving to CA, will this or will this not fix the network issues? Your traceroute showed the same SingTel/Optus path.

Sorry but I can't answer this question. We cannot guarantee delivery outside of our network / direct connections.

Aussie_Boy,

As per the reply in your ticket this morning - if this would be the case ping to multiple SigTel's hops would show packet loss but yet this happens only on the hop between SingTel and Optus.

And, also based on the ticket history, you had number of users located in the same country as you are who didn't experience problems accessing your sites. Traffic for these users also goes through Cogent -> SingTel but they aren't using Optus if my memory serves me right.

Yes and no - Telstra ISP users don't experience this issue.

Some (not all) Optus ISP users get the problem.
Some other ISP users (like me) have also been experiencing the problem.

Anyone experiencing the issue does appear to have a segment of Singtel/Optus on the route back from the server (however Optus say it's a Cogent peering problem as posted above).

Sorry but I can't answer this question. We cannot guarantee delivery outside of our network / direct connections.

Thanks. I had hoped that moving to CA may have alleviated the problem but if it doesn't, no point in causing more outage issues by moving now (and I can't get reliable ftp access as it is now). I still do wonder why no-one else is reporting this as an issue from Australia as I know at least one other KH customer is on the CA DC.

And.. Paul as I said in a few of my past emails, I do appreciate how you have helped.

Aussie_Boy,

You have Paul's direct email, who is the CTO of the company. Instead of this back and forth of the forum, why not email him and get this sorted out or at least discuss it with him. Might save you a lot of time.

Regards,

Aussie Boy

If you want to PM me some website links I can try some pings and traces from here. I'm in Southern Victoria running on the internode network. My VPS servers are in the LA datacentre and running like a dream.

Pete

Aussie Boy

If you want to PM me some website links I can try some pings and traces from here. I'm in Southern Victoria running on the internode network. My VPS servers are in the LA datacentre and running like a dream.

Pete

Thanks mate, the issue is FROM the server back to me though... (previously it's been to the server, but this issue has been from the server for about 2 weeks now)

:) Pete, I actually hit on your site a couple of days ago to see if the same issue presented itself via the browser (it didn't) which is when I asked KH about traceroute from CA, but KH reckon it could have the same issue as what I get from SJ. I think I've probably cost KH too much in support already...

Why don't you try and ping one of my sites (in the signature), they are hosted in the Texas DC. If it is better then ask support to move your VPS to Texas DC

Thanks mate, the issue is FROM the server back to me though... (previously it's been to the server, but this issue has been from the server for about 2 weeks now)

:) Pete, I actually hit on your site a couple of days ago to see if the same issue presented itself via the browser (it didn't) which is when I asked KH about traceroute from CA, but KH reckon it could have the same issue as what I get from SJ. I think I've probably cost KH too much in support already...

Aussie_boy - I got the PM with your URL and I've checked it on and off - no issues from here and comes up lightning fast.

If you checked my site a few days ago when you were having issues, and everything worked fine, then I'd strongly suggest moving to the LA datacentre. The network itself has been perfectly stable since I moved there from the old data centre, so for that reason alone it is worth doing. Add to that the weird issue you suffering from and all I can say is "It's worth a shot". The thought of moving my site across was a bit daunting at first, but once the move was complete I haven't looked back.

I'll keep checking the url you sent me to see if I can find any issues.

Pete

Aussie_boy - I got the PM with your URL and I've checked it on and off - no issues from here and comes up lightning fast.

If you checked my site a few days ago when you were having issues, and everything worked fine, then I'd strongly suggest moving to the LA datacentre. The network itself has been perfectly stable since I moved there from the old data centre, so for that reason alone it is worth doing. Add to that the weird issue you suffering from and all I can say is "It's worth a shot". The thought of moving my site across was a bit daunting at first, but once the move was complete I haven't looked back.

I'll keep checking the url you sent me to see if I can find any issues.

Pete

Thanks Pete, moved over today!

Thanks also Paul, for persisting where others would give up (he knew he was right), I know your patience was tested, I appreciate you going beyond the call of duty.

Thanks Jeff for helping out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.