Exciting Changes at KnownHost & cPanel Pricing

Hey Frank.

This should be able to be done under the individual user > Email Accounts.

On the far right is a row of "+" icons and when clicked provide the pop out menu for "Change Password" and "Download Outlook Configuration"

I've attached a screenshot.View attachment 588

Yeah, that wasn't working.

We found the problem, though. If there's no catch-all email address then the first email address is primary and cannot use the domain to log in; my customer was using the standard format for the username of "robert@domain.com". When we changed that to just "robert" he was able to log in.

DA has some quirks I'm not used to.

Yeah, that wasn't working.

We found the problem, though. If there's no catch-all email address then the first email address is primary and cannot use the domain to log in; my customer was using the standard format for the username of "robert@domain.com". When we changed that to just "robert" he was able to log in.

DA has some quirks I'm not used to.

That's very strange. I'm unable to replicate this.

The screenshot was from my own personal server and I have no catch-all address.

That's very strange. I'm unable to replicate this.

The screenshot was from my own personal server and I have no catch-all address.

That's from ticket #1040296. The account was a cPanel "email only" account that was migrated, so perhaps that cPanel configuration doesn't translate well or something.

Just my 2 cents:
i've been with KnownHost since 2013..
in early 2016, at the suggestion of KH staff, i switched from Plesk (which i'd been using for probably a decade) to cPanel..
i knew Plesk really well, so i was apprehensive, but the switch to cPanel was, in all, fairly uneventful -- thanks, in large part to KH staff!

Now it seems we need to move to DirectAdmin; i'm certain you folks would not recommend it if it was less than..
So, i guess i'll be switching my VPS's soon, with some apprehension, but also with the knowledge that KH staff will be there to help..

One question:
For those of us who pay yearly, will we need to start paying the extra costs for cPanel before our renewal date?

I'll probably be sticking with cPanel for my VPS (Baltimore datacenter). I've been fighting the capital investors / mergers and acquisitions battles for years, and for now it's worth just paying $6/month for cPanel because I don't have the time right now to handle a DirectAdmin migration. That said, I may have time when real winter sets in (January-February). And I will have to just make time if cPanel itself goes wonky in its functionality. I think I've read every question and answer in this thread and find myself astounded by KnownHost's stellar support. I do have two questions / clarifications:

(1) For VPS clients not willing to commit to DA right now (willing to pay the extra $6 for several more months), would a future migration from cPanel to DA still be relatively seamless? Say, in spring or summer 2020? Would I still have the convenience of having a new server to set up before wiping the old one?

(2) When the Baltimore to (I assume) Atlanta server migrations happen, will IPv4 addresses change?

Thanks!

I do have two questions / clarifications:

(1) For VPS clients not willing to commit to DA right now (willing to pay the extra $6 for several more months), would a future migration from cPanel to DA still be relatively seamless? Say, in spring or summer 2020? Would I still have the convenience of having a new server to set up before wiping the old one?

(2) When the Baltimore to (I assume) Atlanta server migrations happen, will IPv4 addresses change?

Thanks!

1. Yes to all three questions.
2. I want to say no however I'll need to defer to KH-Jonathan on this one to be sure.

Just moved here from my own server. I had my own install of cPanel, it went from $15 a month to $43.95 a month. Yikes... glad the support team here is on top of Direct Admin and ready to help this old cPanel user out. Much to learn.

Just moved here from my own server. I had my own install of cPanel, it went from $15 a month to $43.95 a month. Yikes... glad the support team here is on top of Direct Admin and ready to help this old cPanel user out. Much to learn.
Wow. Yes, KH is a wonderful upstream. Anytime the cost of a particular piece of the pie increases by more than 200%, obviously time to abandon that piece.

Any news on the HIPAA email hosting? It would be great if we can get the service all in one place if the pricing is right.

Here's a tough question that's actually really important to me because nearly all of my clients have unmanageably enormous mailboxes:
it appears that both cPanel and DirectAdmin use Dovecot as the default IMAP server, at least on CentOS, so i hope that means that each email client will not have to re-download all their emails after the transition from cPanel to DirectAdmin..
Is there any way you can confirm that?
Or do i need to warn them?
Thank you!

PS:
in cPanel, i increased the default level of compression in 'Compress Messages' to 6..
is this feature (mailbox compression) still available in DirectAdmin?
Thank you

Any news on the HIPAA email hosting? It would be great if we can get the service all in one place if the pricing is right.

We're working towards things like that by ensuring the entire physical buildout is setup to be HIPPA complient. When we'll have actual HIPPA-compliant hosting offerings is unknown at this time.

OpenVZ (MVPS-*, VPS-*, etc.) will start in December and yes, that's when port speeds will double (on the shiny new network) :)
Here is a very important question, when the migrations occur from Dallas to Atlanta, will IP addresses change? (Sorry if this has been asked/answered already)

I certainly hope not!

Here is a very important question, when the migrations occur from Dallas to Atlanta, will IP addresses change? (Sorry if this has been asked/answered already)

I certainly hope not!

No - IPs are only changing for dedicated servers and a handful of very very very old VPS customers (who we've reached out to individually).

No - IPs are only changing for dedicated servers and a handful of very very very old VPS customers (who we've reached out to individually).
Excellent! I switched from an older VPS to an SSD VPS about 2 years ago, so I'm guessing my VPS will retain the same IPs (which is great!)

Been a Knownhost customer for 11+ years now, VERY happy!

We're actively migrating Baltimore to Atlanta right now for OpenVZ (VPS/MVPS/SSD*/etc.). New dedicated packages are ready and we've begun migrating customers there as well, the new packages just haven't hit the site yet as far as dedis go but they're ready.