KnownHost Santa Delivers: Managed KVM Cloud Servers & More

Hi ,

I'm considering upgrading.. Now on SSD2 package.. Where can I compare the "old" SSD2 with the new MVPS-2 package?

Howdy,

I'd say it really lies between the MVPS-1 and MVPS-2, mostly dependant upon your storage space needs.

My current package is VPS SSD-2 (3GB ram, 55GP storage and 6000 GB bandwidth. I have already paid renewal price USD 567 in this december for the next 12 months. Now I want to upgrade my package to MVPS-1. My qustion is how can I settle the payment. Price of old package is USD567/year and New package is 336/per year. Will you refund me the balance amount.?

Any differences in packages would be credited back to your account with us, but would not be refunded back to your card.

A 57% cut in bandwidth to my plan feels like KH Santa left me coal in my stocking! :( I know I don't use close to the full amount of bandwidth, but one of the main reasons I signed up with KH was the peace of mind knowing I wouldn't have to ever worry about overages. Not happy at all about this!

-Feedback from a 5-year customer

@USA4ALL This was SSD-2 as of 8/25/2016. I screen shot packages whenever I place a new order.
upload_2017-12-26_9-47-44.png

Assuming you get MVPS-2 at the discounted rate of $49/mo, the only downgrade is the bandwidth, cut in half, but for me personally I'd opt for the one with more memory, double the storage, and cPanel included, since I'm no where near even the 3 TB bandwidth limit. Considering upgrading myself.

@KH How long can we expect the discounts to last? I have several servers and would like to figure out what kind of timeline I have, or rather how long I can procrastinate.

A 57% cut in bandwidth to my plan feels like KH Santa left me coal in my stocking! :( I know I don't use close to the full amount of bandwidth, but one of the main reasons I signed up with KH was the peace of mind knowing I wouldn't have to ever worry about overages. Not happy at all about this!

-Feedback from a 5-year customer

Your legacy packages aren't changing, so please keep that in mind. The new packages are if you wish to swap, but there is no requirement to change. :)

@USA4ALL This was SSD-2 as of 8/25/2016. I screen shot packages whenever I place a new order.
View attachment 434
Assuming you get MVPS-2 at the discounted rate of $49/mo, the only downgrade is the bandwidth, cut in half, but for me personally I'd opt for the one with more memory, double the storage, and cPanel included, since I'm no where near even the 3 TB bandwidth limit. Considering upgrading myself.

@KH How long can we expect the discounts to last? I have several servers and would like to figure out what kind of timeline I have, or rather how long I can procrastinate.

I'd say @ mininum they will be around for a month, maybe longer. Depends on the overall demand for the packages :)

this mean change ip´s T_T i hate chage ip address... still waiting for the REAL Santa.. ¬¬

The only time an IP change will be required if you are transitioning from a standard or vps plan to cloud.

If you are going from VPS/SSD to MVPS no IP change is required.

The closest I have to the current plans would be MVPS-2 (I'm on VPS-3), with less bandwidth. No more quarterly payment like I have now, and even before adding in my extra IPs, it's more money, like ~$8 per month (taking two quarters' current payments and comparing to 6 months on the new) without the extra IPs. Yearly drops that to only $5 more per month (again, without the extra IPs).
Spending more is not a present to me. ;)

Have I missed something (I must have)? I love the service and support, but this just sounds more like a focus shift for the business rather than a present to the current users.

Merry Christmas and thanks for the new products. For me I will have to stick to my plan on HDD. I really wanted to migrate to the MVPS2 from my current HDD plan but it is over a 50% increase per month. I love your products and support but will just keep spinning on my HDD VPS plan.
Happy New Year.
Ed

The closest I have to the current plans would be MVPS-2 (I'm on VPS-3), with less bandwidth. No more quarterly payment like I have now, and even before adding in my extra IPs, it's more money, like ~$8 per month (taking two quarters' current payments and comparing to 6 months on the new) without the extra IPs. Yearly drops that to only $5 more per month (again, without the extra IPs).
Spending more is not a present to me. ;)

Have I missed something (I must have)? I love the service and support, but this just sounds more like a focus shift for the business rather than a present to the current users.

WBW, Thanks for your feedback. We're aware that not all of the new packages will be a cost saving measure to swap to, however, our goal was to combine the benefits of both our VPS packages and our SSD packages and simplify the choices for our users. With the wide variety of packages we offered before we found that more often than not it resulted in a confused customer that would either under buy or over buy the resources that they needed. So by 'widening' what each VPS package is able to support we were able to condense them down.

Keep in mind however, you're able to keep your legacy package for as long as you'd like. We won't be forcing anyone to change.

Merry Christmas and thanks for the new products. For me I will have to stick to my plan on HDD. I really wanted to migrate to the MVPS2 from my current HDD plan but it is over a 50% increase per month. I love your products and support but will just keep spinning on my HDD VPS plan.
Happy New Year.
Ed

Merry Christmas to you as well!

We will make sure your current package keeps purring along!

I'm a hosting and VPS provider, I'm not happy with the new products. I always sell the VPS-2 and the cores, ram and space have dropped considerably. I have no other alternatives.

Also when I buy the package it shows me $ 35 and not $ 28 as indicated.

regards

I'm a hosting and VPS provider, I'm not happy with the new products. I always sell the VPS-2 and the cores, ram and space have dropped considerably. I have no other alternatives.

Also when I buy the package it shows me $ 35 and not $ 28 as indicated.

regards
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your feedback, we do appreciate the input.

The price listed includes all applicable discounts for yearly payment terms.

The MVPS-1 is going to be the closest equivalent, but bearing in mind that it is SSD backed this provides customers a much more consistent experience as we've found that legacy arrays just don't hold up to the demands of todays websites and configurations. With WordPress in particular being so prevalent the amount of back end operations simply tax spinning disks more than they can handle for the average user. Depending on the number of services re-sold we are working directly with our legacy VIP users to ensure they are taken care of so please reach out to our sales dept to see if you qualify and to get some more details on that.

our goal was to combine the benefits of both our VPS packages and our SSD packages and simplify the choices for our users
With a title like "KnownHost Santa Delivers", I sort of expected a gift, and not just a change in what KH offers. I'd even heard KH was known for that, the enhancing of existing accounts at Xmas time. Me getting to keep my existing package isn't what I'd label as a gift, but it will have to do.
Not unhappy with the service or support in the least, just a little let down after all I'd heard about this practice in the past.

With a title like "KnownHost Santa Delivers", I sort of expected a gift, and not just a change in what KH offers. I'd even heard KH was known for that, the enhancing of existing accounts at Xmas time. Me getting to keep my existing package isn't what I'd label as a gift, but it will have to do.
Not unhappy with the service or support in the least, just a little let down after all I'd heard about this practice in the past.

WBW

Makes sense and sorry for disappointing you this year as that was not our intention. From time to time during this period we do swap out our entire package group and layout as opposed to the package upgrades as prior. I can say however that we're still working on quite a laundry list of new goodies that we will be releasing to our customers both new and existing over the next few months, some which will be premium add-ons and others that will be included for free, so there are some goodies to look forward to.

Well, thanks. As I said I'm very happy with the service I receive, and that's something. To be honest, yours is the first company I've used for VPS where I've come to your site and have been tempted to purchase another VPS, without an actual need for one. Common sense prevailed, but the feeling was there, nonetheless. :cool:

Well, thanks. As I said I'm very happy with the service I receive, and that's something. To be honest, yours is the first company I've used for VPS where I've come to your site and have been tempted to purchase another VPS, without an actual need for one. Common sense prevailed, but the feeling was there, nonetheless. :cool:

Good... very good... the hypnotic implants are working.....

:)

In all seriousness however, we truly do appreciate that as we strive to provide the best service and experience possible for our customers. We always want to continue to learn and push ourselves to provide that to everyone.