KnownHost Santa Delivers: Managed KVM Cloud Servers & More

Thanks for the quick response (try to be nice for next year's Santa visit already? ;-) )

How about the bandwidth cuts? Was that a serious concern/issue in the past with people reaching the 11TB limits or simply a more real world look at how much bandwidth will typically be used by the vast majority of your customers?

I reached out to the sales team to get me switched - so far, every change I experienced with KH was a good one, I am sure this one will be too :)

It's a different method of allocating CPU resources to VPSs. Our old plans were using to back-end methods in OpenVZ to "prioritize" the CPU needs of VMs differently, increasing with plan naturally, while giving access to many CPU cores. The new plans go with more of a dedicated CPU approach not doing any prioritization of your traffic to said cores, just giving you full access to the cores. It's a more straight forward approach that's much easier to explain and much simpler in the way it works. The end result should be a net positive - what you see is what you get.

This is going to be something automated in the system. If you would please open a ticket (or reply to the email) citing this forum post/situation and I want to look into why this is happening and if we might can adjust when/how these messages appear.

Thanks for the quick response (try to be nice for next year's Santa visit already? ;-) )

How about the bandwidth cuts? Was that a serious concern/issue in the past with people reaching the 11TB limits or simply a more real world look at how much bandwidth will typically be used by the vast majority of your customers?

I reached out to the sales team to get me switched - so far, every change I experienced with KH was a good one, I am sure this one will be too :)

To be honest it was to bring things back in line with a real world usage for customers, it's an extremely small portion of people who even use close to the limits much less exceed them, however, statistically speaking by dropping those allocations then we can pass some additional cost savings along as well.

It was more or less a real-world thing. We looked at the numbers and the plans had gotten ridiculous over the years from KH Santa so we brought them back down to expected levels. I think we identified like 4 VPSs that exceed this new set of levels, or something ridiculously low. It's just not an issue for people in general.

Hello, and Merry Christmas! Been with you all since 2014, and you all are the best! Currently have SSD-4 VPS package; looking at the new MVPS-4 package (don't see anything else that resembles my current package), and it looks similar in price (at the "now as low as $80.50/month)", but has a lot more RAM and Storage than my current plan. Is that something I can upgrade to then, and keep all the same benefits I have with my current SSD-4 VPS package? I also see cPanel/WHM is included now as part of the MVPS package, where as we had to pay for it?

This may not be the best place for this question, but I'm excited to migrate to either the MVPS-4 or the CLOUD-3 plan - the price is +/- $10/month, so I'll choose the one with the most upside. Is there a quick answer to which plan offers the most performance and reliability and least downside? I don't see much difference in the specs beyond 1TB of bandwidth. What are the advantages/disadvantages? Thanks.

So do we just put a ticket in to upgrade? Is there maybe an option to switch to the new plan and have time to copy the accounts over. For example I have some VPSes that are old and maybe now would be a time to start fresh and get rid of the old junk that's accumulated over time.

Hi, Even with the coupon, the order page does not give me the same price as the website.
Example: Website shows $28.00 per month and order page with the coupon (KH30DEAL) gives me $35.00
Please advise

how about disk space upgrade in KVM Cloud ? is is the same with previous package ? I hope it can resize automatically with more than 30 GB with cheaper price

Hello, and Merry Christmas! Been with you all since 2014, and you all are the best! Currently have SSD-4 VPS package; looking at the new MVPS-4 package (don't see anything else that resembles my current package), and it looks similar in price (at the "now as low as $80.50/month)", but has a lot more RAM and Storage than my current plan. Is that something I can upgrade to then, and keep all the same benefits I have with my current SSD-4 VPS package? I also see cPanel/WHM is included now as part of the MVPS package, where as we had to pay for it?

Yeah just open up a ticket and we can upgrade you without you have to do any work, and it will be pretty seamless!

This may not be the best place for this question, but I'm excited to migrate to either the MVPS-4 or the CLOUD-3 plan - the price is +/- $10/month, so I'll choose the one with the most upside. Is there a quick answer to which plan offers the most performance and reliability and least downside? I don't see much difference in the specs beyond 1TB of bandwidth. What are the advantages/disadvantages? Thanks.

The cloud package is the winner there. It will have additional flexibility/features in the future as well that aren't possible on the OpenVZ platform.

So do we just put a ticket in to upgrade? Is there maybe an option to switch to the new plan and have time to copy the accounts over. For example I have some VPSes that are old and maybe now would be a time to start fresh and get rid of the old junk that's accumulated over time.

If you open a ticket we can migrate you to one of the new packages seamlessly - no need to migrate data.

Hi, Even with the coupon, the order page does not give me the same price as the website.
Example: Website shows $28.00 per month and order page with the coupon (KH30DEAL) gives me $35.00
Please advise

To get the maximum discount you must use the yearly billing term.

how about disk space upgrade in KVM Cloud ? is is the same with previous package ? I hope it can resize automatically with more than 30 GB with cheaper price

I'm not sure what you mean. The cloud packages can indeed have their disk space upgraded when moving to the next higher package. We no longer offer a la carte upgrades for RAM/disk.

This is awesome! I can finally use Backups in my SSD VPS, much welcome upgrades! The reduction in BW is not an issue, I never reached 10% of my allowance.

My current package is VPS SSD-2 (3GB ram, 55GP storage and 6000 GB bandwidth. I have already paid renewal price USD 567 in this december for the next 12 months. Now I want to upgrade my package to MVPS-1. My qustion is how can I settle the payment. Price of old package is USD567/year and New package is 336/per year. Will you refund me the balance amount.?

My current package is VPS SSD-2 (3GB ram, 55GP storage and 6000 GB bandwidth. I have already paid renewal price USD 567 in this december for next 12 months. Now I want to upgrade my package to MVPS-1. My qustion is how can I settle the payment. Price of old package is USD567/year and New package is 336/per year. Will you refund me the balance amount.?

You can do this at https://my.knownhost.com or by opening a ticket with our billing dept. If a credit is due for the difference one will be applied to your account automatically.

Hi Jonathan,
Is your MVPS-1 package having dedicated CPU 2 cores? Or it is shared with other customers? Why there is no SSD VPS package with 3GB ram?
Do you think going from 24 CPU core equal share to CPU 2 core is a good decision?
It looks like a great year for normal VPS customers not for SSD VPS customers like us.

Hi Jonathan,
Is your MVPS-1 package having dedicated CPU 2 cores? Or it is shared with other customers? Why there is no SSD VPS package with 3GB ram?
Do you think going from 24 CPU core equal share to CPU 2 core is a good decision?
It looks like a great year for normal VPS customers not for SSD VPS customers like us.

To my understanding we had a little % of those 24 cores, while now we have 100% of 2 cores which supposedly is more processing power overall, at least from what I read in the staff responses, correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi ,

I'm considering upgrading.. Now on SSD2 package.. Where can I compare the "old" SSD2 with the new MVPS-2 package?

Hello,
Are the new VPS packages limited to 2 IP addresses?
i don't see any options for extra IP's..
Thank you!

Howdy,

That's an oversight on the website end, you can have additional IP addresses at the same price as before. $1 per month.

I'll be tweaking the website a bit later today to correct that, thanks!

To my understanding we had a little % of those 24 cores, while now we have 100% of 2 cores which supposedly is more processing power overall, at least from what I read in the staff responses, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd say that would be a good way to explain it.