KnownHost Santa Delivers: Managed KVM Cloud Servers & More

KH-Jonathan

CTO
Staff member
We wanted to take time this holiday season to extend our heartfelt thanks and gratitude and wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and wonderful holiday season. It has and always will be our pleasure to provide the best service and support possible.

During this past year we have been hard at work developing and deploying new products and services to ensure that we are offering our customers cutting edge technology backed with our industry leading up-time and managed support department. We are proud to announce the re-working and release of three new product lines for the end of this year, and the anticipation for many more to come.

First, we'd like to introduce our new Managed WordPress product. This was built from the ground up for speed and reliability. Quickly deploy a brand new WordPress site on our platform in mere minutes or have our managed support team migrate your existing WordPress site to our platform. Let our system take away the worry of hackers, security updates and server configurations. Built on LiteSpeed Enterprise products, we take full advantage of server side caches to help breathe new life into your WordPress deployment giving it a cutting edge over the competition.

https://www.knownhost.com/managed-wordpress-hosting.html

Second, we've retired our legacy Managed VPS Product line. This product line was based upon standard spinning disk arrays and not our newer RAID-10 SSD arrays. We have combined the Managed VPS and Managed SSD VPS product lines into one smooth seamless product. You get the same great servers and reliability as our SSD VPS product lines of the past with more storage resources and an easier upgrade path to choose from.

https://www.knownhost.com/managed-ssd-vps-hosting.html

Finally, least but not last, we've gone to the clouds! That's right, we have officially launched our KVM SSD Cloud product. Our team has spent countless hours designing, testing and implementing our cloud platform to ensure that we can provide you with a new product worthy of our legacy. Our Cloud product is built upon a custom designed OpenStack cluster backed with a distributed solid state drive (SSD) storage architecture. On top of this we will deploy individual KVM based virtual machines ensuring 100% dedicated resources and full control. Imagine getting the control of a dedicated server, at half the cost. Fully supporting CloudLinux, KernelCare and the works,our new cloud-based KVM product is designed to fill the needs of those customers who have higher demands of customization and flexibility without the need of independent dedicated hardware. Every cloud server comes with an IPv6 /64 as well. That's over 18 quintillion (18,446,744,073,709,551,616) IPv6 addresses!

https://www.knownhost.com/managed-cloud-kvm-hosting.html
KVM Cloud Servers, brought to you by KnownHost.

That's not all we've been working on but as a sneak peek we're continuing to work on additional advanced application hosting, proactive monitoring and notifications, multi-domain hosting for our WordPress product lines, and much much more. We are excited to bring you these additional changes and many more in the coming months as our team continues to work to bring you new products and services to enhance our customers experiences.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from the KnownHost Team!

https://www.knownhost.com

Thanks for the update. I was waiting for this. :)

I'm currently using normal HDD VPS. What would happen to my VPS?

Thanks. :)

Merry Christmas. :)

Merry Christmas
Jonathan,
I guess same answer is for ssd vps? As it is untill customer decide to upgrade?
That means No Ram / space gift from Santa this year?

Merry Christmas
Jonathan,

Georgios, that's correct. We're still working on a lot of goodies behind the scene but at this time no changes for the existing packages.

Merry Christmas
Jonathan,
I hope they would match the first plan of SSD VPS as the VPS-2 Plan.

Since, Pricing is almost same for both plans. But Hardware Spec is getting reduced there.

P.S.: I love KH.

I want to mention one thing, Knownhost is going to be the best WordPress Managed Hosting (If you consider their support's reply and quality of answer). ;)

They go in-depth before they reply you so you don't have any further clarification required (most of the cases).

KH delivers as usual.

I'm unclear, though, how does the KVM SSD Cloud product differ from a standard SSD VPS? Seems pretty similar to me. Does "KVM" refer to "keyboard/video/mouse"? i.e. you'll have full console control without an OS installed?

Merry Christmas!

I tried to log in and upgrade one of my accounts, but the prices listed once I log in aren't what are advertised on the website. How do I get the price listed on the website? Thanks!

So, when comparing my current VPS-4 with the MVPS-3 package, there seems to be some change in the CPU assignment from 16 vCPU down to 4 vCPU ?? and the significant cut in included bandwidth from 11 TB to 4 TB, an increase of 2 GB in memory and a slight increase in disk space?

Would love to hear an explanation on what to expect from the CPUs? Similar performance or is it going to be slower/faster??

While not a huge concern, a reduction of over 60% of available/free data throughput sounds excessive - any specific reason for such a cut?

Would be nice to get some technical and cost comparison between the packages.

Oh - when looking at the upgrade options "Packages cannot be changed until all invoices for this service have been paid." pops up and only the old VPS-packages show up as options. The account is set to auto-pay (and has been forever...), would be nice to get the incorrect reminder regarding missing payments fixed. It is kind of insulting...

Merry Christmas!

It will keep running as-is until you choose to upgrade :)

Merry Christmas!
So as iam in EU dc i stay as i am waiting upgrade option for the eu ssd vps??

Our new OpenVZ line, the "MVPS" packages built on SSDs are available in EU. As mentioned Cloud isn't for now but this may change based on demand.

I'm unclear, though, how does the KVM SSD Cloud product differ from a standard SSD VPS? Seems pretty similar to me. Does "KVM" refer to "keyboard/video/mouse"? i.e. you'll have full console control without an OS installed?

KVM is a virtualization hypervisor. It offers a greater level of virtualization allowing things like customer kernels (CloudLinux, KernelCare), etc. The stack is built on our OpenStack platform with a shared storage infrastructure. The resources are dedicated at a higher level than OpenVZ is able to achieve.

I tried to log in and upgrade one of my accounts, but the prices listed once I log in aren't what are advertised on the website. How do I get the price listed on the website? Thanks!

The ones on the website include a coupon. Open up a ticket with our sales team and we can get it swapped over for you with the coupon ;)

It will keep running as-is until you choose to upgrade.

I assume/hope this means that our current packages (I'm on a VPS-2) will continue at the same price and with the same features until we initiate an upgrade to one of the new packages. I'm sure there are more technical specs coming and that you will make the transition more clear.

I also assume that this news was supposed to be good, but for those of us on the lower end of the scale--meaning we don't need lots of speed or the latest cutting edge tech--it seems our prices just went up. Sending out that message on Christmas day was probably not a great idea. In any case, Merry Christmas to Jonathan and the team at KH.

Would love to hear an explanation on what to expect from the CPUs? Similar performance or is it going to be slower/faster??

It's a different method of allocating CPU resources to VPSs. Our old plans were using to back-end methods in OpenVZ to "prioritize" the CPU needs of VMs differently, increasing with plan naturally, while giving access to many CPU cores. The new plans go with more of a dedicated CPU approach not doing any prioritization of your traffic to said cores, just giving you full access to the cores. It's a more straight forward approach that's much easier to explain and much simpler in the way it works. The end result should be a net positive - what you see is what you get.

Oh - when looking at the upgrade options "Packages cannot be changed until all invoices for this service have been paid." pops up and only the old VPS-packages show up as options. The account is set to auto-pay (and has been forever...), would be nice to get the incorrect reminder regarding missing payments fixed. It is kind of insulting...

This is going to be something automated in the system. If you would please open a ticket (or reply to the email) citing this forum post/situation and I want to look into why this is happening and if we might can adjust when/how these messages appear.

I assume/hope this means that our current packages (I'm on a VPS-2) will continue at the same price and with the same features until we initiate an upgrade to one of the new packages. I'm sure there are more technical specs coming and that you will make the transition more clear.

That's correct your current plan will not be impacted. The old plans are just not available for new orders.