WP Hosting

In the WP-1 hosting account, after an email address has been created it marks Spam emails with ***SPAM*** in the subject line. Is there a way to stop them from being downloaded to the email client such as Outlook or Macmail? Looking for a server side solution, I am not near the computer to set up a filter in their software.

PS - How come no WP Hosting sub forum?

SpamAssassin is what marks those as ***SPAM***. Log into your cPanel and adjust your Spam Filter settings. You can just have SpamAssassin discard those emails, but I prefer to keep them and instead filter them into a Junk Email Folder. Not sure how many options WP hosting offers, so this may or may not be available to you, I would think it would be.

There is no cPanel access with the WP hosting package. I have access to Horde and the other online email programs but they won't work for deleting them on the server. My Mom will have to live with them till we go down there again and I can set up a filter in Mac Mail for her.

There is very limited things you can do with a WP hosting account but it is fast, the site loads in 600 ms which is faster than my VPS.

Thanks Josh. :)

Assuming it's the same, you could just login to her WebMail and create a filter that deletes any email containing ***SPAM*** for that email account, but that will only apply it to that single email account.

1547651959008.png

1547651963795.png

Those options would be nice but this is all there is with the WP hosting package. I tried to do it via the mail programs such as Horde but that does not seem to work unless you log into Horde before opening the desktop mail program.

An email filter would be very nice to have on the WP hosting (just a SMALL hint Jonathan). :)

Capture.PNG

I am surprised that you can't create an email filter also. Another part that surprises me is that a few times a day the CPU usage hits 100% and records a "fault" in the statistics of the site. If you want to know what is creating the 100% CPU usage you have to "guess" or open a support ticket and ask them. IMO these are simple things that would make it easier to manage the web site, not asking for CPanel access, just basic features..