What is Going On This Morning???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgale

Just an fyi, I already sent in a support ticket.

Is anyone else getting this same error when trying to get to their cpanel?

Sorry for the inconvenience!

The filesystem mounted at / on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition

I'm also getting all kinds of mysql errors (the main site is WP), I can't get to my WP login screen and I can't even login via ftp.

I just joined Knownhost last week because of all the great reviews and contact with the sales department, but I did not expect to see something like this after only a week.

:(

The site is back up... that was quick, thank you! but you guys sure know how to scare somebody.

Can anyone tell me what happened?

This is being looked at as we speak. For a detailed explanation please ask an admin via your support ticket to explain it. Sorry for the brief inconvenience.

Jay

Thank you! I did receive a very quick reply from the support system and a follow up.

So, I just wanted to post, in case anyone is reading, that the Knownhost support is fantastic.

You guys are awesome!

This is being looked at as we speak. For a detailed explanation please ask an admin via your support ticket to explain it. Sorry for the brief inconvenience.

Jay

Jay,

I know you probably don't want to air a bunch of dirty laundry regarding the problem, but wouldn't it be more efficient to make a statement about the outage somewhere? I woke up to a lot of complaints in my e-mail this morning and instead of wasting a bunch of time doing research on what happened and asking question, it would be nice to find out by reading the Network and Hardware status forum, or something similar.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Could you please provide more details as to what kind of complains you have this morning? I personally checked every reseller system and everything appears to be up and running. I also went through all the tickets we've received last night and, again, do not see any complains there.

As to what happened 4 days ago - we got runaway cPanel backups which consumed all availabe space. This was quickly stopped and problem was reparaired as soon as we detected the issue on Sunday morning.

Regards,
Paul

My mistake Paul, I saw this up top and I wrongly through this was an issue from this morning.

I had customers from 4 different geographical/network/ISP locations telling me that their access to servers and mail were timing out this morning. By the time I got in to the office where I could check, everything was fine but I still need to give an answer to my people. I will do the research and submit support tickets if applicable. With multiple people seeing similar issues, I hopped on here and immediately jumped to the wrong conclusion that this thread had something to do with my issue this morning.

Rob,

I guess I'll need more details on this. There were no drops in bandwidth usage during the night, there were no complaints from any other customers, no tickets about possible network problems and no notifications from Colo4Dallas about any kind of problems / work on their uplinks. So far I failed to trace this problem from our side and can't even confirm that something unusual was going on during the night time.

Did anyone else notice any connectivity problems in TX DC last night?

Regards,
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.