VPS question

Freddy1990

Ok, So I currently use a KH Pro reseller plan, however, slowly I see my serverload increasing and my bandwidth is getting closer to reaching the limit, though I still have usually like 7.5-10gb left, however, because of this I'm considering to upgrade in the future so I've got a couple of annoying questions :)

So first of all, what I've been wondering... If I upgrade to a VPS would I be able to run my own win32 based applications on it? For example a basic chat server or an auth server or something...

Also what's the difference between a VPS or a reseller plan? because with a VPS you obviously get alot more bandwidth and such than reseller for the same price so there's prolly a catch...

And finally what's the difference between a texas or calefornia vps? By that I mean why do you get more bandwidth there and what's the advantage of a texas server over a calefornia server...

(BTW, on a small sidenote, I'm very very satisfied with knownhost so far :) Great service and good servers)

Freddy1990,

Please see my comments in line:

If I upgrade to a VPS would I be able to run my own win32 based applications on it? For example a basic chat server or an auth server or something...
--We offer linux products only, not windows so win32 would not be possible. We do allow chat software but we do not allow IRC to be hosted on our servers. You have root access so can do as you please as long as it is supported by the OS.

Also what's the difference between a VPS or a reseller plan? because with a VPS you obviously get alot more bandwidth and such than reseller for the same price so there's prolly a catch...
--Besiders higher resources with a VPS you have full root access as well as dedicated IP's. More control over your server.

And finally what's the difference between a texas or calefornia vps? By that I mean why do you get more bandwidth there and what's the advantage of a texas server over a calefornia server...
--PPC was kind enough to post a great FAQ in our forums regarding the difference between the two data centers. It can be found here:
http://forums.knownhost.com/showthread.php?t=899

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Joel