Very disappointed in KnownHost Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

addz123

Hi,

I've become very upset with the quality of KnownHost support.

All 3 of my last support requests have taken 1+ hr for someone to respond to (ignoring the automatic response).

You used to respond very quickly (within 5-6m) to support issues, so I don't know what happened since then.

I literally have a support ticket open now that hasn't been responded to in 2 hours, even after I updated the thread. This is while your website says average 4-5m response time..

Hello,

I do apologize about this. I spoke with the technician and he was gathering details in regards to your ticket to ensure you were provided with the full details but did not update you while doing so. It is not our norm to not update a ticket during the process and I apologize about this.

We do claim and assign the tickets within a quick period and depending upon the work that needs to be done replies can take longer but normally never over 30-40 mins between replies unless it is a long process (such as scans perhaps).

I've ensured this has been addressed and will be monitored as we wish to provide only the highest quality to our clients.

Hi,
I literally have a support ticket open now that hasn't been responded to in 2 hours

Thank your lucky stars.

We are just in the process of moving everything over from Hostgator for a couple of reasons, value for money being one of them. The 2nd being support ticket response times.

I have a ticket open now (with HG) which has not received a response in 36 hours, my previous ticket took 12 days, yes 12 days to receive a response.

So far, I have opened a ticket with KH today for advice and support and I have had 3 or 4 responses within the space of 2 hours. If it took 2 hours for a response I would be extremely happy with that.

I'm a former Hostgator reseller who remained with them for nearly a year following their sell-out to EIG, and personally experienced the downturn in service and ticket turnaround time. I finally accepted that things were never going to be what they once were, and moved on to Arvixe--which, at the time, was well-recommended from what I could determine.

Unfortunately, they, too, sold out to EIG some months into my being on their service, and in spite of all the forum posts on their site that their great service and server stability would continue as before, my VPS started experiencing similar issues to what I had put up with at Hostgator, and this time I didn't wait to see if it would improve. As soon as I saw EIG owned Arvixe, I started looking for another hosting company, and a month or so into the EIG acquisition (not to mention several 3-day turnaround times on even the simplest of support tickets), I stumbled across Knownhost and have NOT looked back.

I've been impressed with the entire hosting experience with KH, quite frankly. Now, as long as they don't sell out to EIG, too, I'm reasonably certain I'll remain here. Ticket turnaround times since I've been here run, on average, about 5-7 minutes from submission to resolution. I think there was one ticket that took around 2 hours to resolve, but it was due to a perplexing server issue that needed more extensive time to track down, analyze, and correct.

Keep up the good, KH!

--Timothy Kline

I to went through a number of Host Providers that were BIG on promotion and Minimal on service providing. The majority of Hosting customers provide their services to their own customers so support is critical to their existence. KH obviously realizes this and ensures that their customers are both supported and kept informed in a timely manner. I have been a loyal customer for a good number of years and will remain so as long as the current level of service and support are maintained. KH is the poster child for how a Hosting company should be run. Keep up the fantastic work ! ! !

My 2 cents...

As my very first post stated, I too came from HG after nearly 10 years being with them. EIG destroyed their Dedi services, and others too I imagine. I was nervous to switch to another provider, but KH is better than HG ever was and I've had little issue with support.

addz123, any updates? I'm curious how things are going for you now.

Note, I have been with KH for many years and the support was always good. Also they are typically quite thorough (and you can't have both speed and attention to detail since these are mutually exclusive :))

Is support time zone specific? Been over 3 hours now (Hong Kong time here)

Trance, our support is fully staffed 24/7/365 , do you have a ticket number to reference. Also, was that ticket submitted to our support department or was it submitted to another queue? Only our support queue is staffed and monitored 24/7

Support has been in touch. Please dont regard this as a complaint as it isnt. Just wasnt sure with me being in the opposite time zone to the US and I believe it was sales I put a ticket to and not tech support. Just wanted to clarify that.

After a couple of weeks I must say that support has been terrific. response times are so good that I dont even bother closing the page once I put a ticket in as I always get a response within 5 mins.

I have to agree with Trance Omega. When I submit a ticket I usually just leave the window open. A refresh a few minutes later usually shows a reply to my ticket.

I have to say that I appreciate this forum. I have been having great issues with HG after being a reseller customer for 10 years. Recently, a migration ticket for ''expedited" service has taken over 5 days and still not resolved. BTW, migration is supposed to take 24-72 hours. What a joke. I'm now waiting on the server to be set up here and start the migration.

I'm interested to see how quickly the migration can be here.

Cheers!

@M Jenkins you will certainly not be disappointed by KH.
I have jokingly said a couple of times to please give me time to submit the ticket before responding.

Thank your lucky stars.

We are just in the process of moving everything over from Hostgator for a couple of reasons, value for money being one of them. The 2nd being support ticket response times.

I have a ticket open now (with HG) which has not received a response in 36 hours, my previous ticket took 12 days, yes 12 days to receive a response.

So far, I have opened a ticket with KH today for advice and support and I have had 3 or 4 responses within the space of 2 hours. If it took 2 hours for a response I would be extremely happy with that.

I forgot how many years I have been here at KnownHost and have been in hosting since 2002 (Yes started at The Planet wow) went to hostgator, iWeb, OVH, Namecheap but KnownHost is the best and only host that gives me peace of mind. My VPS have been up and running for 200 days (Yeah I reboot the VPS myself for fun 200 days ago) and I have never had a ticket taken more than 2 hours to have a human reply. Usually well under 30 minutes.

Stay with us!! It's an awesome place here at KnownHost. :)

"The 2nd being support ticket response times."

I second that. Funny thing is, the management doesn't even know on how poor their level for tech support is.

Status
Not open for further replies.