Thinking of migrating to an SSD plan (and want to run atlassian stuff)

Ray Sweeten

Hi,

I currently am on WHM/cPanel running 5 light-weight Wordpress sites along with some php-based webservices for some of my mobile apps. I also have a AWS instance running Jira/Confluence/Stash/Crucible that I'd like to run from the SSD VPS as well (I assume I'd migrate those myself).

What SSD would you recommend?

Thanks,
Ray

Ray,

From the sounds of it, disk space is going to be your only limiting factor (though I must admit I'm not familiar with Jira/Confluence/Stash/Cricible) so I'd say go with the plan that fits your disk space needs best.

When you say "light-weight" I'm assuming you mean low-traffic.

yes, light-weight = low traffic.

the Atlassian softwares are all java-based packages that form a tightly integrated project mgmt, wiki, git environment. Each runs its own standalone tomcat instance running on a specific port. On my current VPS I'm having issues running more than one instance at a time (jira and Confluence, for example), but on the AWS instance the all run fine together.. But then, the AWS wasn't running anything else.

Last edited:
Java does tend to be RAM hungry....very RAM hungry, so keep that in mind. What I'd do is figure out what you need for each of your "instances" and add 50% to that figure to give you some headroom, as well as leave RAM for the OS/cPanel/websites.