SSD-5 And Equal Share?

AUDave

For the past 3 years been hosting on a AU managed VPS, with 4 (dedi) cores and 6gig (dedi) ram. Frankly Australian hosting sucks, not to mention it's expensive. My current cost works out around $270US p/m. Getting stung around $100US per/m just for managed.

I haven't shifted one because previously before Google shook things up, it was optimal to serve my sites from AU cause I targeted AU and NZ traffic only. And the fact it's a monumental logistical nightmare too. But After some horrid support of late, going through hours of support level hopping, spanned days, I've now had a gut full and it's time to move.

Point is, I'm taking an educated guess that the SSD-5 would have a larger bite of the 'cpu cores' as apposed to the SSD-1 etc. However before I signup, wanted to asked the specific question. About Equal Share and how this pans out on the SSD-5 packaged as far as resources etc?

Edit:
FYI I run 10 WP sites. They're not traffic monsters BUT I do like having ample resources at my disposal.

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:
I can't speak for the CPU core share, except to say that I have a VPS-2 which has 3 wordpress sites plus half a dozen other custom PHP websites, plus running WHMCs and some other stuff. I rarely see above about 1.5 CPU load (out of a possible 16).

What I would suggest if you really want dedicated resources is to consider the KH-DS1 dedicated entry level server. It's less than your paying now and will guarantee you 4x 3.4GHz CPUs, plus 16GB RAM and all the other benefits of a dedicated, still at $100 less than you are currently paying (unless you need extras)...

That said, if you think the VPS 5 will be enough, it's probably worth trying that. If it turns out to not be enough, you can upgrade to a higher VPS almost instantly, and if that's still not enough for you it's pretty easy to move to their dedicated server if necessary.

For the past 3 years been hosting on a AU managed VPS, with 4 (dedi) cores and 6gig (dedi) ram. Frankly Australian hosting sucks, not to mention it's expensive. My current cost works out around $270US p/m. Getting stung around $100US per/m just for managed.

Yes, I even tried hard to negotiate a better price to support local an' all... A complete waste of time.
I'm in Oz too... Just bite the bullet and make the switch, you'll be glad you did and you won't look back.

I haven't shifted one because previously before Google shook things up, it was optimal to serve my sites from AU cause I targeted AU and NZ traffic only. And the fact it's a monumental logistical nightmare too. But After some horrid support of late, going through hours of support level hopping, spanned days, I've now had a gut full and it's time to move.

It doesn't matter where you serve it from these days. Just state your geo-target in your webmaster's tools account.