Some Questions

sebax

Hello:

I'm looking for a VPS with Directadmin CP and I'd like to know about the backup, do you make backup of the entire VPs Data daily ?

Can you suggest me a VPS for 60 sites ?

I have a VPS here at KH with the DA control panel. I have been extremely happy with it.

Hopefully someone here will be able to fill you in on KH backup policy. I know that at any time you can create a backup from your VPS control panel.

From what I can tell, I have access to periodic full backups with incremental backups after that. I don't know what backups are out there that I don't have access to.

sebax,

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost! We make backups of the entire VPS to a remote server every other day. You can view a list of the available backups in the VZPP at anytime.

It is really hard to suggest a VPS plan for 60 sites without knowing what kind of traffic these sites get. Our VPS L plan is usally a good starting point but again I would check your current resource usage with our VPS plans.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Joel

Hi Joel, thanks for your quick response, These site are consuming 40 Gb of monthly transfer, I believe that VPS XL might be fit my need.

Also I'd like to know what kind of level support KH can offer and how is your time response for urgent support.

sebax,

The VPS XL plan is our most popular plan so this is a very good choice.

We consider ourselves a semi-managed VPS provider, https://www.knownhost.com/faq.html#q13 but we do go above and beyond to help our customers. Our support response time ranges anywhere from 2 minutes to 1 hour. Urgent support tickets are responded to in this time frame. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Joel

sebax,

You get two dedicated IP's with the VPS and your nameservers are assigned to these so it is not necessary to purchase more unless you have an SSL cert or something like that which would require its own IP.

Thanks,
Joel

sebax,

Welcome to KnownHost. You should receive your welcome email in the next 2-3 hours.

Thanks,
Joel

sebax,

You get two dedicated IP's with the VPS and your nameservers are assigned to these so it is not necessary to purchase more unless you have an SSL cert or something like that which would require its own IP.

Thanks,
Joel

Just curious, Lets say your nameserver domain name will have its own ssl certificate - do you need another IP address?

If you use a SSL on a nameserver that requires a unique IP. So in this situation yes but I don't see customers doing this.

Jay

If you use a SSL on a nameserver that requires a unique IP. So in this situation yes but I don't see customers doing this.

Jay

I just want to clarify:

domain.com is the main domain name.

Name servers are ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com

domain.com is a full website that requires an SSL certificate to proccess payments.

Under these circumstances, I would or would not need another (3rd) IP address?

Thanks