Should KnownHost add Directadmin to the VPS Product line??

DirectAdmin would be my preference if it was included in the product line. However, I think I'm starting to like using Plesk. :)

I read a lot of posts in other forums on how people prefer DirectAdmin over the popular Cpanel and Plesk. I would say only about 10% of all the web hosting companies use a different control panel rather than those two. Would it attract many more customers or just be a waste of time?

It will attract people and we will offer it in the future. We have some other things going on that will happen first then DA. :)

Thanks,

Jay

What else are you planning? Looks like you guys are off to a great start. I can't wait for my VPS to be activated :)

I am already loving my VPS account.
I dont know how you guys could be much better, but bring on the goodness.

Good to hear. :) We take this seriously so you can always expect 100% professionalism and of course fast servers.

Jay

Brian said:
I am already loving my VPS account.
I dont know how you guys could be much better, but bring on the goodness.
Same here. KnownHost is by far the best webhost I've had thus far. I've had 3 other webhosts and their service, performance, and support don't even come close to matching KH's. I feel that I'm fully getting my money's worth and I can't wait for any new VPS surprises in the future :p Keep it up KnownHost!

As for DA, some people like it, but in my opinion it lacks a lot of key features and isn't as expansive as Plesk or cPanel. My favorite is cPanel because of it's fully comprehensive grasp on the server and each site and all of the different functions and abilities. DA is a decent panel, but I haven't used it more than a demo so I guess I wouldn't completely know. Are there any thoughts of Ensim? I know that's another CP that is commonly used, but then again, it's not as big as cPanel or Plesk.

-Caleb

I feel that adding Directadmin to the lineup would be great. I use it on a daily base and would never turn to anything else. It allows my clients a simple what they need and nothing more cp with no frizzles and updates nearly every week. Updates that dont break the entire system / cp. The flexiblity that it allows the administrator to use different versions of core programs and a cp that just works.

This is the only thing thats holding me back from signing up for the service, if there was DA in the lineup ill be here in a heart beat.

Please stay tuned. We are getting quite a bit of requests for it. We will update the forums with the progress on this. Thanks for the input.

-Jay

It is official. KnownHost will be offering Directadmin. The decision has been made. The ETA on this is not defined but please make note of this. :)

-Jay