Reselling and Domains

Jeren

Time Lord
So when it comes to reselling, yes, the space is there. What about customers and domain names? Can they be registered through WHM to KnownHost? Personal suggestions and opinions on what to do is welcome. :) Thank you.

For that, it is quite simple actually. You charge your client the $10 domain registration fee and they pay you, then you buy their requested domain at a good registrar like Godaddy.com, namecheap.com (I use namecheap and registerfly), or registerfly.com. After that, you just point the domain to your nameservers and voila! This way, even if they cancel their hosting service, they can still have their domain through you to make NS changes, or even transfer it to another registrar where they have an account. Since becoming an ICANN accredited registrar is extremely hard and financially and time consuming, many webhosts (including knownhost) often do their domain registrations through Enom or something similar. To my knowledge, KnownHost only will register a domain for a new account that is made with them, none extra as it gets to be a pain to manage them plus they are not profitable at all and are widely available inexpensively elseqhere.

-Caleb

That sounds simple enough. And it makes sense. Its a shame I don't think of these things until after I ask. ;)

Thanks for your help!

1and1 has the cheapest domain names that i have seen, $5.99 per year, any reason caleb why you dont use them?

Hm... thats not a bad idea, actually. I already am a 1and1 customer. It'd probably be easiest to work with them.

I dunno I guess I just like the places that specialize in domains... Also if 1&1 doesn't accept paypal, that's a big reason because I hate debit transactions when I have loose money in PP.

-Caleb