Reseller KH Expert, VPSL, SSL

U

Unregistered

Hello,
I have: Domains are at company #1. Hosting is at company #2. Shop hosting at company 3. Never had any problems with either one.
My current hosting company suggests I continue to have 4 different web hosting services with them where they are able to assist with things like
renewing SSL, get a reseller package and I'm on my own for assistance or get a dedicated server and I'm on my own too.

I have 3 simple 5 page websites and 1 small WP Blog w/SSL. I also have a small hosted shop elsewhere. I would like them combined in 1 area
for easier access and I would like to move the shop to my own hosting using OSC w/SSL.
I am trying to figure out what is the difference between KH Expert Reseller and the VPSL. My small hosted shop costs me
the same per month as the VPSL and I am very limited as it is just a standard shop. I am a very simple user knowing only the basics,
enough to keep up with my sites and the basics of cpanel.

Question 1) Do I need to maintain anything with the VPSL?
Question 2) If I order the VPSL, am I able to request SSL to be installed?
Question 3) If so, which company is the SSL with? RapidSSL? Comodo?
Question 4) Is the VPSL easy enough for someone with just basic knowledge?
Question 5) What does managed mean?

I am leaning towards the VPSL but want to be sure that I am able to handle this with my limited knowledge. I also like the idea of being able
to log in to 1 place rather than 5 different places with different passwords etc.

Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Ana

Hello,

First, thanks for your interest in KnownHost. I have read thru your post and your questions so I copied the questions below and have answered them for you. In a nutshell, with a VPS if you select a control panel like cPanel we will provide help with anything VPS or control panel related. So basic questions with setup to difficult things with the VPS we are here to help with. With a VPS you get full root access so can configure things as you please and install things unlike with Reseller hosting since the VPS is like having your own server. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Question 1) Do I need to maintain anything with the VPSL?

--If you select cPanel it will update itself every night so there is nothing to maintain. You do have your own mail server, etc but this all requires your initial setup which we are here to help with 100%. Things to maintain are your own scripts or custom applications/configurations.

Question 2) If I order the VPSL, am I able to request SSL to be installed?

--Sure, we will install it for you at no cost. This applies to as many SSL's as you require.

Question 3) If so, which company is the SSL with? RapidSSL? Comodo?

--Either of those you listed you can use.

Question 4) Is the VPSL easy enough for someone with just basic knowledge?

--Yes, we have many clients switch from shared hosting to VPS's. The main thing is you are willing to learn as you go. We are your Partner if you signup with us so are here to help along the way.

Question 5) What does managed mean?

-- We list it here. https://www.knownhost.com/support-coverage.html Basically, anything VPS or control panel related we will manage for you. Any issues you notice just let us know.

-Jay

Jay -
Thank you so much for your detailed explanation regarding my questions and for taking the time to explain so much in a very easy to understand fashion.
I am simply amazed at your quick response here in an open forum from an unregistered user, not to mention the type of service Knownhost offers. This only confirms all the positive write-ups I've seen in and outside of this forum.
I have decided that I will be switching my hosting services to a VPSL with Knownhost hopefully by this holiday weekend.

Max -
Thank you for sharing and confirming your positive experience with Knownhost!

Again, thank you very much!
Ana

Jay -
Thank you so much for your detailed explanation regarding my questions and for taking the time to explain so much in a very easy to understand fashion.
I am simply amazed at your quick response here in an open forum from an unregistered user, not to mention the type of service Knownhost offers. This only confirms all the positive write-ups I've seen in and outside of this forum.
I have decided that I will be switching my hosting services to a VPSL with Knownhost hopefully by this holiday weekend.

Max -
Thank you for sharing and confirming your positive experience with Knownhost!

Again, thank you very much!
Ana

Ana,

Sounds good. We look forward to working with you. Have a nice weekend.

-Jay

Ana, KnownHost definitely lives up to the many positive things that are said about them. :)

Welcome!