redirecting email & page question

bj40man

Hello all,

Im in need of your help. Im new on this reselling venture and am just starting to understand it :eek: . I started doing it for people I know very well who came to me asking for help on how to set up their own webpage. Anyway, right now I have a very interesting situation. A friend of mine is responsible for the biology department of his school and wants to set up a page. He asked for it to be called biology.schoolxxx.edu His school owns the schoolxxx.edu domain, but he will host with me, not the school. I signed him up as biology.schoolxxx.edu, but now I dont know how to make the dns resolve to it. I understand it is his school server admin who needs to do some changes on it right? What changes does the admin of the domain needs to do for:
1 The page to show up
2 The mail to be directed correctly

Could you please help me with this?
As a reseller I have my personalized DNS, I imagine that when I add a new account using whm, I dont have to add anything on the dns right, it does it automatically?

thank you, regards

Domain owner (school server admin?) should modify schoolxxx.edu domain zone file and add either following records:

biology.schoolxxx.edu. IN NS ns1.yournameserver.com.
biology.schoolxxx.edu. IN NS ns2.yournameserver.com.

or:
biology.schoolxxx.edu. IN A IP-ADDRESS
mail.biology.schoolxxx.edu. IN A IP-ADDRESS
biology.schoolxxx.edu. IN MX mail.biology.schoolxxx.edu.

First way is more preferable and in this case you will be able to manage rest of DNS records for the biology.schoolxxx.edu DNS zone.

Regards,
Paul