Questions about hosting...

F

Freddy1990

Hello...

I'm interrested in purchasing a hosting plan, and after looking at tons of hosts i thought this was the best...
However I do have a few questions about signing up and hosting in general...

First of all, the question that bothers me the most... I'm 16, am I allowed to purchase hosting?
I've seen that for example when you sign up you have to fill in information 3 times, like the contact and billling for the domain... If you check the boxes on top, they're all set to the initial data you fill in?
My parents will use paypal to pay this for me... Is it a problem that the paypal account won't be mine?
And finally... I've seen you have a checkbox for credit card/paypal, if you choose paypal, do you still have to fill in the credit card data?

Thx in advance.

Hello Freddy1990,

Thank you for your interest in KnownHost. To answer your questions:

I'm 16, am I allowed to purchase hosting?
--We have no problem with that. Off the top of my head I can think of two customers we have who are younger then 16...they will remain nameless :)

If you check the boxes on top, they're all set to the initial data you fill in?
--Yes you are correct. Just check the box and all the information you put above will be listed below.

Is it a problem that the paypal account won't be mine?
--That is not a problem. Just make sure your parents are aware of the monthly charge so they don't come after us. :)

If you choose paypal, do you still have to fill in the credit card data?
--Not at all. Once you check that box the credit card info goes away.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Joel

Thanks for replying :)
However I do have 3 more questions...
What information will be displayed on a WHOIS search?
Are there extra fees besides the domain and the hosting?
And can i easily upgrade to a better package with a monthly plan?

Yes, erm sorry for the double post, but I was just reading trough the TOS and I happened to come across: "If Customer is an individual, Customer represents and warrants to KnownHost that he or she is at least 18 years of age."
Doesn't that mean in fact that I shouldn't be able to get hosting?

Freddy1990,

Please see my answers below:

What information will be displayed on a WHOIS search?
--The contact information that you fill out for your domain is what will be displayed.

Are there extra fees besides the domain and the hosting?
--No that covers everything.

And can i easily upgrade to a better package with a monthly plan?
--Yes you definitely can.

As far as our TOS, that is really our discretion and we have no problem providing hosting to individuals under 18.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Joel