New VPS - help me get started?

Discussion in 'Linux VPS/Dedicated - cPanel' started by wellman, Feb 15, 2007.

1. wellman

wellman New Member

I've got my shiny new KnownHost VPS up and running - or should I say KH has it up and running for me (IP 72.249.26.249). This is my first VPS; I've only used H-Sphere shared hosting environments in the past. So, I could use some help in getting started.

Item number one - get email up and running. How do I go about this? I'm a cPanel/WHM newbie. I know I want antispam and antivirus on all the accounts. I'll have about 10 to set up.

Item number two - I need to migrate my website from my current shared (H-Sphere) host. This includes getting PHP working.

After these two are accomplished, I'll be ready to update nameserver info with my registrar.

Thanks!

2. KH-Joel

KH-Joel KH Sales Staff Member

Welcome aboard! I would recommend opening a support ticket as a start. They will be able to guide you and they reply pretty quick. :) I am sure some current VPS users will reply but not sure when. Good luck!!

Joel

3. KH-Paul

KH-Paul CTO Staff Member

All that needs to be done to get started is to login to WHM, go to Account Functions -> Create a New account screen and create account(s) for domain(s) you want to be hosted in your VPS. After that login to account's cPanel control panel at http://your-ip-address/cpanel and create all require mail accounts, etc.

As for migration from H-Sphere - this needs to be done completely manually as there is no automated migration from this control panel.

Regards,
    Paul

4. wellman

wellman New Member

Thanks. I was able to get an account created. I'll start working through the migration process and holler to support if I have issues. :)