New VPS - help me get started?

wellman

I've got my shiny new KnownHost VPS up and running - or should I say KH has it up and running for me (IP 72.249.26.249). This is my first VPS; I've only used H-Sphere shared hosting environments in the past. So, I could use some help in getting started.

Item number one - get email up and running. How do I go about this? I'm a cPanel/WHM newbie. I know I want antispam and antivirus on all the accounts. I'll have about 10 to set up.

Item number two - I need to migrate my website from my current shared (H-Sphere) host. This includes getting PHP working.

After these two are accomplished, I'll be ready to update nameserver info with my registrar.

Thanks!

Welcome aboard! I would recommend opening a support ticket as a start. They will be able to guide you and they reply pretty quick. :) I am sure some current VPS users will reply but not sure when. Good luck!!

Joel

All that needs to be done to get started is to login to WHM, go to Account Functions -> Create a New account screen and create account(s) for domain(s) you want to be hosted in your VPS. After that login to account's cPanel control panel at http://your-ip-address/cpanel and create all require mail accounts, etc.

As for migration from H-Sphere - this needs to be done completely manually as there is no automated migration from this control panel.

Regards,
Paul

All that needs to be done to get started is to login to WHM, go to Account Functions -> Create a New account screen and create account(s) for domain(s) you want to be hosted in your VPS. After that login to account's cPanel control panel at http://your-ip-address/cpanel and create all require mail accounts, etc.

As for migration from H-Sphere - this needs to be done completely manually as there is no automated migration from this control panel.

Regards,
Paul

Thanks. I was able to get an account created. I'll start working through the migration process and holler to support if I have issues. :)