New to VPS, hoping for startup help

alex124816

Hi everyone,

I just set up my first VPS with cPanel here at Knownhost. Slightly intimidated, but answers to a few questions might help :)

1. Virtuozzo shows httpd and mysql status as "X", despite my restarts of the services and the VPS altogether. Any ideas?

2. Not sure how to set up / find out my FTP login info. Completely lost, actually :)

3. I have four domains, registered at Tucows, all pointing to ns1 and ns2 (my two Knownhost IP's, respectively). I want to host two websites on this VPS. Two domains will point to the first site, two will point to the second site. What do I use to facilitate this in cPanel?

I hope that isn't too many questions. Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered!

Alex

1. VZPP reports those incorrectly. See WHM -> Server Status -> Service Status page instead.

2. You can use FTP over SSH and login with username root and root password. This is not advisable though.

3. Create your account packages with required resources using WHM -> Packages -> Add packages. Then create the 2 accounts using WHM -> Account Functions -> Create a new account. Then park the other 2 domains on the 2 domains you used to create the new accounts using WHM -> DNS Functions -> Park a domain. FTP into these 2 new accounts using the cPanel username and password you used during the account creation and upload your files that way, instead of using the root FTP method in number 2 above.