New Launch - Managed SSD VPS's Available Effective Immediately!!!

KH-Justin

KH-CEO
Staff member
Hello Everyone!!!

We're proud to announce the release of a new Managed SSD VPS service. This is the real deal Pure SSD based VPS's, no SSD Caching here. Pure SSD (Solid State Drives), the best you can get. With decades of experience leveraged into our services we are excited to make these new VPS's available on our website. Each SSD VPS is backed by KnownHost's rock solid support and management team as well as the reliable and proven network which has kept KnownHost at the top of the charts.

We are currently offering 4 Different SSD Based VPS Plans effective immediately. Hope you all enjoy!!

https://www.knownhost.com/managed-ssd-vps-packages.html

Thanks!!

Aussie,

At the moment we have only launched our SSD offering in Texas since it is our most central location. Once we gauge the initial reaction we will look further into expanding the product to our other locations but for now it will remain in Texas.

Yep:

The upgrade is fairly seamless. If your VPS is already in TX, then moving to an SSD VPS is near-seamless just like any other VPS upgrade.

If you have a VPS in another location it's just like purchasing one in TX and migrating your content.

The SSD VPS is worth every cent. My old VPS with Litespeed with KH had so much performance issues that I was going to move to another host. I upgraded to the SSD VPS, and WOW. Website would load 10x faster than the old server with litespeed.

We're glad you like the SSD vps. They do offer quite a bit more in the way of disk performance so sites can see an improvement on them.

Thanks for being a member of the KH family!

Looking at a couple of packages and wanted to know how the SSD-2 compares to the regular VPS-4 performance-wise?
Both have 2048MB RAM with the SSD-2 getting 2x priority 24 CPU cores, and the VPS-4 getting 4x priority 8+ CPUs.

Would like some clarification relating to possibly upgrading from VPS-2 to SSD-2. I assume the SSD-2 would be the logical upgrade from the VPS-2? The SSD-2 shows improvements but list Disk Space at 30G vs the VPS-2 higher capacity at 50G. I would think that the SSD-2 would be at least the same or higher in Disk Space as it improves on other listed items such as Ram and Bandwidth? I also am a bit confused as to what my pricing would be should I upgrade. Currently I have the VPS-2 + cPanel/WHM at a 15% discount for a total cost of $34 per month. If my discount carries over exactly what will I pay monthly for the SSD?

At least in regards to the diskspace and bandwidth, it makes sense that an SSD account would have less total. SSD drives are smaller and cost exponetially more per GB. An SSD VPS would be more for performance than sheer capacity, and to keep the overall price so affordable they'd have to shave off some of the costs in other areas to compensate for the improvements in disk speed and CPU.
Since our site doesn't use anywhere near the diskspace or bandwidth of a regular VPS, after reading around last night I opted for the SSD-2 using coupon code KNOWNSSD10 for 10% off.
Now I can't wait to finally get our site moved and see the difference! :D

I'm pretty sure I know what an SSD is, and I use them locally for substantially increased throughput, but what good are hundreds of megabits/sec when I (and all my customers) deal with websites through their local Cable/DSL connection? I'm missing the value proposition here.

I'm pretty sure I know what an SSD is, and I use them locally for substantially increased throughput, but what good are hundreds of megabits/sec when I (and all my customers) deal with websites through their local Cable/DSL connection? I'm missing the value proposition here.

The customers loading via cable/DSL is not the limiting factor in many cases. Websites are small these days (<1MB) therefore internet speed is generally fine.

This allows the components of the server to work together faster to output the end result website code that's passed to the customer. MySQL queries are faster, etc.

In servers, it's not about raw speed throughput (Mbps) but about random access times (IOPS) which is where SSDs excel.

Hello Everyone!!!

We're proud to announce the release of a new Managed SSD VPS service. This is the real deal Pure SSD based VPS's, no SSD Caching here. Pure SSD (Solid State Drives), the best you can get. With decades of experience leveraged into our services we are excited to make these new VPS's available on our website. Each SSD VPS is backed by KnownHost's rock solid support and management team as well as the reliable and proven network which has kept KnownHost at the top of the charts.

We are currently offering 4 Different SSD Based VPS Plans effective immediately. Hope you all enjoy!!

http://www.knownhost.com/managed-ssd-vps-packages.html

Thanks!!
wow, sounds good!