New client's questions

vplus

Hello,
I have some questions relate to Managed Dedicate Server, as following:

1/ Do you help my to move my (two websites) from my current server to yours?

2/I need Elasticsearch module on my server (using with xenforo enhanced search), could you help install Elasticsearch to my new server ? And Can you support me if there something with this module?

3/How long does it take to have new server (from the time I order and send payment)?

Thanks in advance and hope that I can order a new server from your company.

Howdy @vplus and thanks for considering KnownHost!

I'll address your questions below.

1) Yes, we can help migrate your websites over to our network. We have both free and paid migration assistance. If your websites are currently hosted with a supported control panel then everything is free. You can get some more details about that here: https://www.knownhost.com/migration-assistance.html

2) We can install Elasticsearch on your server for you yes, but you would be responsible for the configuration side of things with Xenforo. We would provided limited support for it but we have several customers running Elasticsearch so shouldn't be any issues.

3) Generally speaking for dedicated servers we have them setup and delivered within about 12 hours or less, but if it's a larger server or a complex multi-server setup this can take a bit longer.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions!

Thanks for your quick reply!

My web sites are with cpanel. Hope that you could help moving them.

Regarding to Elasticsearch, I can config it with xenforo. What I need you to help is intall it in to the new server.

I do not want my web sites have down time. Is there any ways ( for changing DNS, moving data from old server to new server) that help my web sites have no down time?

@vplus

If you have cPanel currently then we should have no issue moving them across. Some providers try and play hardball with cPanel backups but 99% of the time we run into no issues.

We can install Elasticsearch on the server for you yes.

Depending on how the DNS change is done, you won't necessarily have downtime as much as the potential for some visitors going to the old server and some to the new. You can lower the "TTL" value in your dns zone file so that changes will process more quickly, but not all DNS servers honor these values.

So in short you won't have downtime, but it will take anywhere between 1-48 hours for 100% of the traffic to shift from the old->new server. In our experience 90%+ will shift within the first few hours.

I have a question, regarding to DNS. My current server using custom dns :

dns1.mydomain.com
dns2.mydomain.com

And "mydomain.com" is registered at Godaddy. In my case, can I use the custom dns said above? Or should I go with a new domain with custom dns?
(all my domain name are registered atGodaddy).

I have a question, regarding to DNS. My current server using custom dns :

dns1.mydomain.com
dns2.mydomain.com

And "mydomain.com" is registered at Godaddy. In my case, can I use the custom dns said above? Or should I go with a new domain with custom dns?
(all my domain name are registered atGodaddy).

You can use those nameservers if you've also registered them so they actually exist.

In other news, move your domain to us and let us set it up for you and save money in the process :)

Thanks for your reply.
I intend to go by the following steps:

1/Buy/ or move my domain (which use for DNS server) to yours.
(I am happier if you can give me a free domain ;))

2/Order my server and let you set it up for me.

3/Move my websites on my current server to the new server.

4/Close my current server after checking and being sure that the new server works well.

Do you thinks the above steps are ok?

Hello,
I have two more questions:
1/How many ip can I have as default when I oreder a dedicate server?
2/Can I choose data center for my server?
( All of my websites clients are from Japan. I want to choose the data center has fastest speed for Client from Japan).