n00b question regarding FTP access

falkinpro1

Arlight, so I got my account today, set everything up, even logged into phpmyadmin and created a mysql database so I could import my old one. But, I can't figure out for the life me what my ftp access url is!

I am using FireFTP with Mozilla and I dunno what my host address is for login.

I've tried:

ftp.myIPaddress.com
ftp.siteaddress.com

No luck. I know ftp access is enabled because the stats tell me it is, so where the heck does it list the login info?! (I assume the actual UN and PW are the ones I setup when I made my purchase originally).

Thanks much for helping this n00b.

Arlight, so I got my account today, set everything up, even logged into phpmyadmin and created a mysql database so I could import my old one. But, I can't figure out for the life me what my ftp access url is!

I am using FireFTP with Mozilla and I dunno what my host address is for login.

I've tried:

ftp.myIPaddress.com
ftp.siteaddress.com

No luck. I know ftp access is enabled because the stats tell me it is, so where the heck does it list the login info?! (I assume the actual UN and PW are the ones I setup when I made my purchase originally).

Thanks much for helping this n00b.

When you log into your cPanel, click on FTP accounts The info is there what to use. I have always used ftp.mysite.com or just the IP with no ftp. The user name and pass is the same as what you log into cPanel with.

If you've changed the nameservers on your domain name already ( to point to the ones you need for your account here ) then you can use yourdomain.com, if not you'll have to use your IP ( only - no ftp. before it or .com after it )

lame, still can't login. I haven't yet changed the dns at my registrar to my new account so I know my login should be:

Host: IPaddress

UN: Cpanl login
PW: Cpanel login pass

Tried FireFTP, Dreamweaver, even direct connect through windows and still no luck. Is there a possibility that my UN and PW are not what I login to Cpanel with?

Appreciate the help.

Alright, case resolved thanks to the speedy support ticket system. The problem was that I was trying to go for root level access, you have to create a username and set them up to gain ftp access.

For those who have the same problem here is the support answer which solved me problem:

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Hello Blain,

FTP servers won't allow root level FTP access for security reasons. You should use username and password of your hosted account(s) to login to the FTP server. You can create hosted accounts by going to WHM >> Account Functions >> Create a New Account or if you don't remember password for existing accouns you can reset it through WHM >> Account Functions >> Password Modification."

Done deal :D.
[/FONT]

Hello falkinpro1,

Glad you got it figured out! :)

Post edited cuz I am too slow!