MYSQL Remote Connection

U

Unregistered

Hello,

I have been contemplating moving my sites to a virtual server for some time. I have been reluctant because I do not have any experience with virtual hosts/dedicated servers. ( so far only shared hosting)..

Now It seems that I might 'have' to obtain a virtual host for a project I am working on. Basically I need to be able to access my database from multiple remote hosts. My current shared host, bluehost, does not allow me to connect remotely except from my home computer.

Does knownhost have a ip 'whitelist' or can I connect to my database from any server I wish?

Thank You

Not sure about your question but one thing I know when you have VPS you hardly have any limitation. let's see what others say:)
On the other hand VPS here is fully managed!:)

Hi,

Awhile back when I was doing my research on virtual hosts knownhost was the only one I really considered. They seem really helpful and have nothing but great reviews. If they will allow me to connect to my database from multiple hosts then they will probably have another customer shortly lol..

Basically I dont want to copy my multi gig database to every server I host sites on. Need to be able to access the db from anywhere.

Thanks for the reply!

Hello,

With a VPS you can connect to DB's from wherever you want. This is just like having your own server with full root access. Hope this helps and hope to see you order.

Regards,
Joel

Hello,

With a VPS you can connect to DB's from wherever you want. This is just like having your own server with full root access. Hope this helps and hope to see you order.

Regards,
Joel

I figured as much but thanks for the answer(confirms the great support). Most likely you will be seeing an order from me in the next few days or so.. Any chance of a coupon? :)

Hello,

It's best to email sales(at)knownhost.com regarding a possible coupon. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Joel