Litespeed offering?

ppc

Hi guys,

What do you think about offering litespeed? I heard that they have a VPS license.

Hearing such wonderful things about it, I feel like it would be nice as an add-on. Not quite sure how easily it fits in with all the CP and dont know how well it works with automation but just throwing it out there. Though I did see this:
LiteSpeed Web Server is able to seamlessly function as a drop-in Apache replacement for servers with control panels such as cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, and Ensim.

Here's links to it, if anyone wants more info:

General Info: http://www.litespeedtech.com/products/webserver/overview/
VPS Licensing: http://www.litespeedtech.com/buy-litespeed-web-server.html

This is the first I am personally hearing of this. We prefer to support what the vendor supports but if this works nicely I would think they may incorporate it. I will look into this.

Thanks,
Joel

Its raved about in the industry, substantially increasing the productivity of servers. So please do ;)

Offering litespeed, whether the paid version or the free version I would believe would be an enormous selling point.

Knownhost+litespeed=heaven
2 wonderful products.

I successfully transferred over to litespeed(on plesk). If anyone wants to know how PM me ;)

KH - is there anyway you can contact them maybe to get us a good deal?

The way we work is if SWsoft, cPanel, etc support Litespeed we will. We would need to be able to provide support for it which we base on the vendor. I would think they will support this as demand increases but we will definitely discuss this. A Plesk update for example may break it which then causes problems for example or one of cPanel's nightly updates break it, etc. Not sure how that comes into play.

Thanks,
Joel

The way we work is if SWsoft, cPanel, etc support Litespeed we will. We would need to be able to provide support for it which we base on the vendor. I would think they will support this as demand increases but we will definitely discuss this. A Plesk update for example may break it which then causes problems for example or one of cPanel's nightly updates break it, etc. Not sure how that comes into play.

Thanks,
Joel

Hi Joel,

The way litespeed explained it to me that its not suppose to depend on plesk or cpanel or any other cp to work really so updates wouldn't be a problem.

I'm trying a 15 day trial now and its working great. I just wish I could get a better deal on there pricing.

Thanks for listening ;)

If you check out litespeeds website it shows that they are fully compatible with CPanel Plesk and many other Control Panels.

I have used litespeed myself with CPanel and Cpanel Updates or any other part of Cpanel does not affect litespeed. Litespeed just reads the same config file that apache does so CPanel knows no difference when litespeed is running.

Also for any reason you need to change back to Apache running 2 commands you are back on Apache, seamlessly.

I think this would be a great advantaged to KnownHost and would boast the sales by offering something something I haven't seen with any other VPS provider.

Now the vendors like cPanel, Parallels (formerly SWsoft), and JBMC Software (Directadmin) need to provide support for it so users can benefit from it and have proper support channels for it. It sounds good for sure.

Joel

Now the vendors like cPanel, Parallels (formerly SWsoft), and JBMC Software (Directadmin) need to provide support for it so users can benefit from it and have proper support channels for it. It sounds good for sure.

Not sure if that will happen any time soon. I have used litespeed support directly and they happen to be amazing.

Litespeed for Magento

I would also be very interested in Litespeed. I would like to use Magento eCommerce which should run better on Litespeed than on Apache.

John

LiteSpeed has a reseller deal whereby you can get 25% discount on their licenses. Just browse through their site. However, the requirement is to have at least 10 licenses.

I would also be very interested in Litespeed. I would like to use Magento eCommerce which should run better on Litespeed than on Apache.

John

Magento does run much faster under Litespeed, it's an amazing difference. But commercial Litespeed is a relatively expensive license. If you need SSL and static IPs you have to pay more than in apache hostingland.

Bumping this thread. Any interest still?

KH, contact Litespeed. They have been known to work out some very successful partnerships with hosts.

I know it's an amazing product that is just getting more solid and helpful.

If the control panel vendors officially support it we definitely will. Without that it's a risky thing to add being we offer 3 control panels. If we offered just one it may change our approach. We do have clients using LiteSpeed who are quite happy but updates of LiteSpeed do break things sometimes. Last we spoke to the 3 control panel vendors they say they don't support it so for example a Plesk update will simply wipeout LiteSpeed.

Regards,
Joel

Bumping this thread. Any interest still?

KH, contact Litespeed. They have been known to work out some very successful partnerships with hosts.

I know it's an amazing product that is just getting more solid and helpful.

I have use this on other host, it there are good deals for entreprise license, maybe im the one who will move my dedicated to KH.

We've talked to them but as of today we won't be offering Litespeed. We will install it but there is a bit of uncertainty offering it as we've heard they will adjust their pricing model. With that said we need to delay this as we don't want to sign a dea,l then offer it, then find out the prices are different so we need to change our pricing too. Not the type of business we like to do.