Known Host overselling ?

knownhoster

The past week, my website has just really been unusable, I have checked my logs and most time I am in the red. There has been no changes in my traffic, same old daily users coming to my site to check their pages etc. However, all resources are on red!. Cpanel, WHM hardly even opens. Is there more people sharing resources than their needs to be ? This is really starting to get to me :(. My friend, who is also on knownhost, same website, about same no of users maybe more , same plan isnt having any of the problems. and his resource status are all in the green. Thats not cool. can I request my VPS be moved to another one which dont have many people sharing on ?coz i think there is a resource killer on ours.

Virtuozzo Power Panel shows your own resource usage, not for the whole physical machine. If you see red figures there, then this means that you've reached your limits and all these resources are taken by processes running inside your own VPS. You may want to check your QoS alerts to see what exact resource limits are reached and how often. If you see constant failures, then either plan upgrade or applications optimization will help.

Regards,
Paul

Would you mind sharing the information about how it was resolved? Was it related to some runaway process inside the VPS or something else?

We don't delete threads...

Regards,
Paul