Just switched to KH

AlexH

I just switched to KnownHost from another well known provider. I'd just like to say that KH staff have been extremely helpful, VERY fast in responding to migration requests/questions. My migration has gone off without a hitch and I'm EXTREMELY satisfied. Just in case anyone was on the fence about switching, do it. One day support request responses are a thing of the past now.

@AlexH,

This is exactly what we like to hear, and what we strive for! Welcome to KnownHost and do let us know if we can ever do anything for you.

I want to point out that I am aware of several people who made the change to KH after the most recent outage of said well-known provider. I don't know how many I don't know ... but I have to believe that there was a spike in new accounts this weekend. New accounts are the most difficult to deal with and require the most work ... and yet, we STILL have seen rapid response times.

AlexH Welcome

We can say the name :) HostGator, HG, The Big Gator at least that's where I came from just hours before the poo hit the fan after there sale to EIG.
There support and servers have headed up the Excrement Estuary without a Propulsion Device:eek:.

It did take a month or so of searching till I found KH but I'm glade I did.

Yeah what really got me was the lack of support. It really went downhill fast in the last year. I'm glad I took the plunge and switched over. I have one more account there that I am going to bring over next week and then I'll be free!!! :)

Yeah what really got me was the lack of support. It really went downhill fast in the last year. I'm glad I took the plunge and switched over. I have one more account there that I am going to bring over next week and then I'll be free!!! :)

Bring them all :D

After today's meltdown at EIG's datacenter in Provo UT, I predict the sales department at KnownHost will be quite busy in the coming week or two. ;)

After today's meltdown at EIG's datacenter in Provo UT, I predict the sales department at KnownHost will be quite busy in the coming week or two. ;)

It's unfortunate for the customers that are suffering because of this, but we're standing by ready for anyone wishing to migrate just as we always are.

Yep had 1/2 dozen people PM me on the HG forum asking who I moved to.

I did!!! hopefully it will make KH a little happier New Year :) though some of you may need to work overtime.

Not sure if you keep an eye this stuff but the Provo center was/is down for over 3 hours and counting today.

I did!!! hopefully it will make KH a little happier New Year :) though some of you may need to work overtime.

Not sure if you keep an eye this stuff but the Provo center was/is down for over 3 hours and counting today.

Yeah we've seen this. Seems they "put all their eggs in one basket" and now it's getting them...

I'm really glad I got out when I did... But I feel bad for all of the people who have been experiencing downtime there. I moved both of my accounts to KH and couldn't be happier (still).

I still peruse their forum and wow are there some upset people. Yikes!

I'm really glad I got out when I did... But I feel bad for all of the people who have been experiencing downtime there. I moved both of my accounts to KH and couldn't be happier (still).

I still peruse their forum and wow are there some upset people. Yikes!
Good to hear

I have been reading through the forum and website most of the evening. I must say that I like the way things go in the forum. That is the KH staff seems to be very helpful and involved.

I have been with a certain host, I wont mention their name but it is not a crocodile, for more than 7 years. I have had a lot of trouble and now, as of this moment, every one of my websites and those of my clients have been down for 6 hours and 25 minutes. But y'all dont want to hear about their woes.

I am very seriously considering moving my business. I cant really do much work with all my sites down so instead I spent my time researching other hosts and ended up here

Do it! I have been with KH since November, and I have nothing but great things to say. I have had a few issues (not KH's problems, but my own), and I have never waited for more than 5 minutes for a reply from KH support. I once even received a reply in under a minute. The only thing better than having a fast reply is having a fast reply that solves your problem... and that's happened all but once. At one point I totally screwed up my DNS stuff and ended sorting it out myself, mostly because it got so confusing I couldn't even explain what had happened. Anyway, switch, you won't regret it.

A lot of people are feeling blue about their host right now. Most probably don't think their host has treated them in a just fashion, and they might even think their host is a monster. ;)

I've been very happy with KnownHost, and quite a few friends/colleagues have switched to KH on my recommendation.

Now if they would fix the script that generates a JS error on every page, and makes it impossible to compose a post with javascript enabled, all would be right in the KH world. (The problem started at the same time as the CloudFlare experiment, and even though the experiment is done, the problem persists for me.)