Just switched to KH

As I said, most of the problems are DNS related, and these are the most troubling in my case. But a few minor things were not so smooth as I was expecting... one database had migration problems, fixed when I manually exported/imported it; some configurations of the original Plesk weren't migrated... so I had to manually recreate the plans in the new server and then, manually, create the links between domains and plans. And so far we did only 12 of 49 domains. Well, let's see... I will try for a bit more because I still have "easy to migrate" domains. If they go smoothly I might conclude the migration with the sensitive domains I am leaving for the last batch.

Well, as it is I am afraid a migration is proving harder than expecting, approaching the "impossible" label. I was right about going for a first batch of non-critical domains before proceeding with more of my domains. Support in KnowHost was fast, and for now I will stay in "neutral" about quality. I am having plenty of problems with DNS - not KnownHost fault, I suppose; amongst other things I have a domain migrated and with nameservers updated 2 days ago which can't send mail because for some reason the mail is being sent from my old server (although the domain resolves to the new server). In the past I did migrate servers and thing went smoothly. I can't imagine how many customers I would lose now if during a migration e-mails would be inoperative for 48-72 hours.

Be sure to check the server settings in the mail clients. I just completed a migration from Hostgator, and previously any mail that was set to use SSL connection to the server had to have myserver.websitewelcome.com as the SMTP and incoming server isntead of mail.mydomain.com

So, while mail.yourdomain.com will stay the same, if using SSL on a shared certificate, a SMTP/incoming server set to yourserver.youroldhost.com is probably the cause of mail still coming from the old server.

I hope that makes sense. If not perhaps a KH support staff member can articulate it better for me.