Is this considered Warez?

djloco81

Hello

I was wondering if forums with LINKS, not the actual files, to places like
Rapidshare, Megaupload, Shareafile or something like that are also considered warez and thus will not be accepted by KnowHost? Just wondering in advance :)

Thanks..

This is definitely still warez I have reported several sites that do this. In my opinion, putting
Code:
 tag links (non-live links) is just a beating-around-the-bush method of posting warez.  The intent is the same, and that is to pirate software and files.

Against ToS/AUP

-Caleb

This is definitely still warez I have reported several sites that do this. In my opinion, putting
Code:
 tag links (non-live links) is just a beating-around-the-bush method of posting warez.  The intent is the same, and that is to pirate software and files.

Against ToS/AUP

-Caleb[/QUOTE]

I doubt KnownHost is out to make moral judgements about intent regardless of what you say.

Is mentioning the word warez allowed?  What about telling someone to go to google and search for warez torrent?  What about linking to a website that illegally distributes copyrighted items?  All morally wrong IMHO.  I don't see how it is against the AUP though.

The AUP states:  "You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law ..."

Does a link do any of those three things?  In my opinion, no.  What if I say mininova dot com, am I publishing, distributing or copying protected work?  No.

In any event djloco, I'd submit a ticket to KnownHost support to get AUP clarification.  That was you at least bypass the inanely biased people who want to shove their beliefs down your throat instead of answering your question based on the facts.  The bottom line is their answer may coincide with what KnownHost eventually tells you, but the above posted did not attempt to answer your question, they only aired their personal opinion.

A link is not "warez."

It would be better to say you do not allow warez, links to warez or even mentioning warez websites - whatever is accurate for your case Joel.

Just like I'm not going to be convicted of robbing a bank based on me linking to a page that documented a bank robery - linking to a site that has warez there is not warez itself. Be clear and people will have a better understanding.

:D

Just like I'm not going to be convicted of robbing a bank based on me linking to a page that documented a bank robery
Link to a warz or Pirated software is not like linking to bank robbery documented page rather it is like Link to a web link giving robbers a Plan to rob a bank ;)

Warz links discussed here are like I upload some illegal material (like software, books etc) on rapidshare (or other File sharing site which are mostly used for illegal purpose) and post that link here, so that other people can download that.