is it safe to......

reyes

is it save to just delete where it says in maintenance the backup? I mean mine is saying 2.06 Gb Full and I want to press re-new backup but not sure if it will bugger anything up.

Cheers

reyes,

It might not be 100% safe to delete the backups you're seeing in the Maintenance section of your power panel as if physical server where your VPS is hosted should die right after backup is removed we won't be able to restore your VPS. In general you shouldn't even worry about removal of VPS backups as we do rotate them automatically once new backups gets created.

is it save to just delete where it says in maintenance the backup? I mean mine is saying 2.06 Gb Full and I want to press re-new backup but not sure if it will bugger anything up.

Cheers

It may not be 100% safe, but I have found it 100% necessary a couple of times.

reyes,

It might not be 100% safe to delete the backups you're seeing in the Maintenance section of your power panel as if physical server where your VPS is hosted should die right after backup is removed we won't be able to restore your VPS. In general you shouldn't even worry about removal of VPS backups as we do rotate them automatically once new backups gets created.

I agree with this... however, I'm still new to the VPS scene (relatively) and before I make a big change, I like to have a very recent full backup. I can not do this from the control panel since backups are always listed as "full" unless you delete all automated backups.

How about a way to allow for one user initiated backup in addition to the automated backups? Or maybe at least one incremental in addition to the automated full backup.

Thoughts?