Impressive Support

richard_s

I just left a hosting company I spent a decade with. I don't need support often but when I need it I need it, I went an entire two years no tickets. When I first went with them support was outstanding however it rapidly over the last few years. The last straw was 4 day fiasco with 3 and 4 hour response times including an 18 hour gap to issue an IP... <sigh>

In any event I had to create my first ticket here because I needed the hostname changed. 5 minutes from the time I created the ticket and it was done.... on a Saturday night yet. I realize this was not a major issue but nonetheless that is outstanding.

Last edited:
This support at KH is the norm rather then the exception and has been a determining factor that has kept me a loyal customer for many years. Welcome to the KH family richard_s ! ! !

I've also just left HG recently as CentOS 5 will end support. Been there for 6 years. Ever since the EIG take over, their service quality and support went downhill. Actually, back then I really thought that the wisest thing to do when selecting a web hosting provider is to select the biggest company you can find, have the highest market share, and #1 google rankings. I was very wrong.

Glad I've found Knownhost. Going forward, I just hope there's no backdoor talks of acquiring Knownhost by EIG or even other entities, like what happened with WT.

I've also just left HG recently as CentOS 5 will end support. Been there for 6 years. Ever since the EIG take over, their service quality and support went downhill. Actually, back then I really thought that the wisest thing to do when selecting a web hosting provider is to select the biggest company you can find, have the highest market share, and #1 google rankings. I was very wrong.

Glad I've found Knownhost. Going forward, I just hope there's no backdoor talks of acquiring Knownhost by EIG or even other entities, like what happened with WT.

We dislike EIG very much (except when they buy out competition we don't mind since they tank them and it benefits us) :D

Welcome to KH.

Actually, back then I really thought that the wisest thing to do when selecting a web hosting provider is to select the biggest company you can find, ....

When I started with the company I was with they were pretty small and considered one of the best in the business if you were looking for VPS server or more. A few minutes to get response for ticket was pretty common and 1 hour tops. The owner of the company, admins and techs participated in the forum and if I wanted to I could email the owner himself directly and expect a response shortly. I might of only emailed him a once or twice over non support things, I'm just trying to illustrate how small it was.

They started buying a bunch of companies that sold shared hosting and that is where it started going down hill. I know everyone has to start somewhere but I'm not paying $X to sit in a queue behind RTFM support questions. I stuck with them because generally speaking the hardware was extremely fast and reliable. My last ticket was a 4 day fiasco and that was the end of it. If I had been given some decent advice and decent response times I could of had it fixed in a day at most. I'm a reasonable guy and don't expect 5 minute response times but 3 and 4 hours just isn't going to cut it.