Has Support Provider Changed?

bumpaw

Just wondering as it just seemed different today. 1) Email sent as html. 2) Support tech didn't use his/her name at the end of the replies. 3) Messages just seemed more abbreviated than usual.

Could it have moved to an outsourced third party provider?

Just wondering as it just seemed different today. 1) Email sent as html. 2) Support tech didn't use his/her name at the end of the replies. 3) Messages just seemed more abbreviated than usual.

Could it have moved to an outsourced third party provider?

I apologize if you feel you received a reply that was a bit more abbreviated than usual. I'd love to know what your ticket number was so I can check into it for you.

We do have a 100% in-house support team at our office in Birmingham, AL and certainly don't have anything from an outsourcing company.

@bumpaw,

I found ticket 358380 of yours and went ahead and reviewed it.

You mentioned that the support tech didn't use his name in his replies. In every single reply from David I saw his name in the footer of the message. If you can send me over a screenshot of where you don't see it that would be great so I can verify we don't have internal issues with the helpdesk not sending replies properly.

As for the abbreviation, most of his replies were quite on par with normal except the ones which required little in a response. For example, you asked for the version of a particular software we installed, and he replied with a simple sentence stating the version.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns :)

Sorry for the slow response. I didn't know you had to manually "Watch" a thread to get an email notice of reply.

I went back and do see David's name in the email. The problem I guess is that KnownHost started sending support emails in HTML and I always read in Plain Text. His name is lost in all the HTML tags in the footer where his name is.

Glad to see support is still in Sweet Home Alabama. I was just probably having a bad day and grumpy. Sorry.

I did get you a new client happily: raintreevillage.info