Good VPS Uptime

DarkSorrow

So my SSD-2 VPS has some amazing uptime. I rebooted it a while back by mistake so it would have been longer. KnownHost has been great for me!

top - 12:53:03 up 105 days, 20:30, 1 user, load average: 0.05, 0.09, 0.09
Tasks: 83 total, 1 running, 82 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
%Cpu(s): 0.7 us, 0.4 sy, 0.0 ni, 98.9 id, 0.0 wa, 0.0 hi, 0.0 si, 0.0 st
KiB Mem : 3145728 total, 679440 free, 2078384 used, 387904 buff/cache
KiB Swap: 0 total, 0 free, 0 used. 921318 avail Mem

Mine's Standard VPS-1 and been running for 138 days straight :) . The server never crashed and rebooted by itself. The only downtime I had ever experienced was caused by a packet loss at the Knownhost Texas datacenter.

I upgraded to VPS-4 and had to restart due to WHM upgrades. I don't see why WHM can't upgrade sometimes without a reboot lol

Glad to hear you have great uptime just like me. I have A few VPS since nov 2014 and never had an issue else a 6 min datacenter network downtime. Amazing indeed!

I have a VPS SSD-4 but was not sure about LiteSpeed. I heard was not working great with .htaccess and since that vps is mainly Wordpress site, I can't afford to add it on a production VPS. Any issues somebody can tell me about LiteSpeed?

Thanks,

Jean B

I noticed one company here who made a table comparison with knownhost:

I'm not really sure, but don't you think the way they depict knownhost is quite misleading? Maybe at least notify the owners on the wrong data.

Thanks for the heads up. This is indeed factually inaccurate. I've reached out to them to notify them of their mistakes so we'll see if they either remove and/or update things accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed one company here who made a table comparison with knownhost:

I'm not really sure, but don't you think the way they depict knownhost is quite misleading? Maybe at least notify the owners on the wrong data.

It's not near as misleading now as before they have updated their website to reflect things more appropriately. Thanks again for letting me know so I could get ahold of them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome! Personally, I think it would be better for them to compare them with other hosts and not with Knownhost since you're top notch on all the categories mentioned in that table :D .

That page thing at rosehosting is a lie, I'm surprised it's still up as is. I've been here for YEARS with KH with VPS service, which is nothing short of freaking FANTASTIC! The price has been awesome! And it is LESS than $50!