Good support makes all difference

hydrastudio

Hi!
I'd just like to share with all members that I'm very happy to be a KH customer, since February 2007.

Last January, I've bought a sitebuilder provided by the same that provides our control panel, in a leasing mode, with support included. After I've made translation for Brazilian-Portuguese and try to install it, we stopped in a "PHP5 not found". Detail, SB runs over a "CGI" PHP 5. Requesting for support in the software developer, they said that I should post my doubt in their forum and wait for an answer.
Last Monday, I request to KH support to have our VPS upgraded from PHP 4 to PHP 5. After ten minutes we have our VPS ready, with PHP 5 running, without interruptions or problems.
I was surprised when I tried to run translation installer again and have the same error "PHP 5 not found". And then, I've discovered that problem (via forum, unfortunatelly I gave up to post tickets to Parallels support, it doesn't work) was a misconfiguration...

Congratulation, Knownhost! Every ticket that I've opened was answered within 5 minutes! Soon, we will have more VPS with you!
Regards, Andre.

Support is the main reason that I not only have stayed with KH, but also upgraded my plan.

My tickets are always answered almost immediately.

Have to admit, I've had my share of support tickets put in as well (at least one was pretty serious) and they have always gotten back to me amazingly quickly! :p

After little more than 24 hours as a KH customer, I can already say I am impressed. And very pleased.

I hate telling my age, but I've been in sales for 35 years and the companies that have staying power are the companies that take care of their customers after the sale, as well as before.

Well, Knownhost certain does that well. Heck, I've asked stupid questions via support tickets before and have gotten prompt answers. They certainly have a good reputation. I know I always bring up KH when someone asks for a good host.

Well, Knownhost certain does that well. Heck, I've asked stupid questions via support tickets before and have gotten prompt answers. They certainly have a good reputation. I know I always bring up KH when someone asks for a good host.

There are no stupid questions... only prompt answers from KH.

:p

I wish I could say the same. I've had an open ticket since yesterday afternoon; created another one this morning, as well (to the billing department). Both show up as "On Hold".

Trying to figure out anything with Knownhost has been brutal; I didn't even know how to get to cpanel (ie, ip:port). What has tempered my initial thought that knownhost just sucks, is that I'm assuming they actually send some sort of email that specifies this type of stuff (I'm hoping...) and that I didn't _get_ the email, because I mistyped the email address.

(Hence, my tickets are, from yesterday, inquiring just how to change settings, and point my domain from godaddy, and the one today, to change the emails so I actually can get them from Knownhost).

Not terribly impressed with the support, I'm afraid. (And yes, this all DOES derive from my initial stupidity of being unable to properly type an email address, but, getting it fixed... surely I'm not the only idiot who has signed up in knownhost's history. ;-p)

DOH!!! I'm an UTTER moron. My apologies.

Nix this WHOLE thing, because: I just realized On Hold means they've replied. Okay. I feel COMPLETELY stupid.

180º ---- These guys DO kick ass with support. I'm going to quietly creep away with my n00bness now.

I wish I could say the same. I've had an open ticket since yesterday afternoon; created another one this morning, as well (to the billing department). Both show up as "On Hold".

Trying to figure out anything with Knownhost has been brutal; I didn't even know how to get to cpanel (ie, ip:port). What has tempered my initial thought that knownhost just sucks, is that I'm assuming they actually send some sort of email that specifies this type of stuff (I'm hoping...) and that I didn't _get_ the email, because I mistyped the email address.

(Hence, my tickets are, from yesterday, inquiring just how to change settings, and point my domain from godaddy, and the one today, to change the emails so I actually can get them from Knownhost).

Not terribly impressed with the support, I'm afraid. (And yes, this all DOES derive from my initial stupidity of being unable to properly type an email address, but, getting it fixed... surely I'm not the only idiot who has signed up in knownhost's history. ;-p)