Follow us on Twitter!!

Hi Joel, I believe that you should also promote the KH twitter account from the site itself and not only in the forums. Also you may want to include a "Follow us" button somewhere in the forum :)

I don't do social networking but...just for KH...I am considering signing up for a Twitter account...

While it may not be used much, more usage can help promote growth. I know of some web hosting companies that also search for various terms from the industry and proactively communicate with individuals as part of their marketing strategy.

Also, there are some nice collaboration tools out there that can help a group of individuals manage a company account.

I wish I could say I'm an expert, but I'm more of an enthusiast when it comes to this kind of stuff. But I do hope this post helps out. :)

(( By the way, I'm already following... and eagerly waiting to see how the account gets used. ))

I am all in :)

Actually, I have been monitoring KH twitter account for a while. I was wondering when KH will do something about it :)

@Joel

If you want more people to follow, you (KH) should start tweeting a bit more.
Twitter is a great place and can become an amazing resource if you know how to use it to get the most out of it.

PS. I twitted about KH

NEO,

We just need someone here to focus on it and we'll do it. It's all about time and resources but as we build up the followers focus will shift that way. Thanks!!

Our webdesigner is also supposed to add a Twitter icon on our website but he's been sick. Hope its done soon. ;)

What does this mean?

Scanning my domain with Pingdom reports the following..

Under Nameserver I get a warning for ns2.xtemu.com. it reports the following:

Could not find reverse address for 199.167.201.86 (86.201.167.199.in-addr.arpa.).PTR record(s) for the address could not be found in the .arpa-zone. (ip6.arpa. for IPv6 addresses and in-addr.arpa. for IPv4).

I also get a warning under SOA reporting the following:

Could not find reverse address for 199.167.201.86 (86.201.167.199.in-addr.arpa.).PTR record(s) for the address could not be found in the .arpa-zone. (ip6.arpa. for IPv6 addresses and in-addr.arpa. for IPv4).

How can I resolve this if at all?

Yeah, i don't see any activity on the twitter account. Putting up an update every 30 minutes on twitter would help a lot!

how about using the announcements feature built into this forum software you are running?

Is it that difficult to post an update on twitter? Why is it that KH has no FB page at all?

Haven't been able to post in the forums in hours. :rolleyes:

It would have been nice if KH could have used their Twitter to update about the power outage. I had to dig to find the outage information through Google.

It would have been nice if KH could have used their Twitter to update about the power outage. I had to dig to find the outage information through Google.
Yup, true that, I searched for #knownhost and found quite an active stream.

I must admit I was very surprised at the lack of communication regarding such a massive and far reaching outage. :mad:

KH have been wonderful with support in the past, the complete lack of communication regarding the power outage for 8 hours leaves me scratching my head. :confused: What happned guys? Why no communication with us?

I think there will be a load of us, (your clients), that would like an explanation.

Cheers

majickal

Hello,

First, sorry for the issue today. We were answering at least 500 calls and replying on forums for hours so we definitely we're around trying to manage the communcation channel. Twitter in the future we will post if a major issue is going on but it will be for updates not actual "replying" back and forth like on our forums. Again, we are deeply sorry for this rare occurrance.

Thanks and sorry,
Joel

I have and I complained. But then calmed down and realised you will get better from this. You have in the past. Your level of service and hosting goods is what I love.

I am hoping your going to have some loyal customers involved in your social media participation. You now realise the power of real time communication via social media (customers).

I agree - Twitter should be used. It's the first place many people check. Frankly, I really didn't think the forums would be up, and spent a great deal of time searching around the net for any information on the situation.

In any event, I am a long time knownhost.com client. I have found the level of customer service superior to any other (not just in the realm of hosting, btw). I also have little doubt this experience will make the company stronger in the long run.