Few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

K24

Firstly hello all!
Came across this place after clicking amples of links and reading all the good reviews about this place, I
hope its true (with respect!)
Could you reccomend a suitable VPS package for me, I found this one ideal VPS Mtx ?
im bit unclear about this: Texas VPS (Premium bandwidth) / California VPS (Double bandwidth) prices seem
the same?
My current site is about 3gig
5 domains with a site set up for each
Ive been with my existing hosters for over few years now and I was recently ddos attacked and now my emails
are being ignored despite being a customer for so long.
I would like to get my site back up again and running, but I was reading some of your previous posts about
ddos attacks and now my main concern is, if I move here and something like that happens what do I do

The pricing is the same between the TX and CA plans.

The CA plans offer double the bandwidth.

I have a TX plan and I'm extremely happy with it.

Hello K24,

If you are on cPanel then the VPS-M would not work as cPanel needs more ram so you would want to move up one step.

The only different between the CA and TX plans is bandwidth as Baigainti pointed out. I also am in the TX datacenter and have been extremely happy. Everyone I know of in the CA datacenter has also been extremely happy too :)

In the event of a DDoS attack Knownhost will null route the IP being attacked until it is over which means your site is down until it's over and they remove the null route. It's understandable that anyone can come under a DDoS attack but there are some activities/services that a person can make available on their server that make it more likely to get attacked and someone from Knownhost may want to talk to you a bit about that.

Hope that helps!

What kind of websites are you hosting? Do you have any idea what may have brought about the DDOS?

-Jay

BAlGaInTl @thanks

Dan@ im currently using plesk on my existing web account

KH-Jay @ my sites been fine with my current web host for the past 2/3 years, the ddos attack only started and happen this friday just gone, I banned a memeber, normally he just comes an posts and goes, but after he saw the recent upgrades I did he asked me for a copy I refused to give him it and he started threatening me. Few hours later the server was lagging till the site stopped loading, I contacted my web host and they said it was a ddos attack, I then got in touch and confronted the banned user and at first he denied it, but after a bit he start playing the blame game soon as I mentioned to him i have his genuine details and address.

over all my website has been running for over several years and ive never had any ddos attacks in that time or problems, its a safe secure community. The only reason Ive moved from host to host is for better service or to upgrade my account to save costs.

Ive asked my current hosts to look into this, since I have proof about the culprit doing the attacks, but they dont seem to happy at all to do anything, again its the 1st time its happen.

Well if you use Plesk now, I'd recommend sticking to it if you want us to migrate the data. We can migrate it for free. If you opt for cPanel then moving the sites would be a manual process. Of course we will restore database backups but the creation of domains, emails, etc would need setup one by one.

You can see here a nice promotion we have running which will get you the VPS L for nearly the same cost as the VPS M. With the promotion you also get a month free.

https://www.knownhost.com/

-Jay

Well if you use Plesk now, I'd recommend sticking to it if you want us to migrate the data. We can migrate it for free. If you opt for cPanel then moving the sites would be a manual process. Of course we will restore database backups but the creation of domains, emails, etc would need setup one by one.

You can see here a nice promotion we have running which will get you the VPS L for nearly the same cost as the VPS M. With the promotion you also get a month free.

https://www.knownhost.com/

-Jay

Sounds good and I am interested. Id rather stick to plesk since Im familar with it.
How does the data migration work? Would you need access to my old web space once I sign up ?

Yes, just await the welcome email from us which will include IP information. Once you get that log a ticket with support at support.knownhost.com and provide them access to both the VPS and your current Plesk account.

-Jay

Yes, just await the welcome email from us which will include IP information. Once you get that log a ticket with support at support.knownhost.com and provide them access to both the VPS and your current Plesk account.

-Jay
Sounds great, its a load of my mind!

I was just looking at the payment option, my card is not in the list 'visa electron' so I guess i'll have to use paypal unless payments can be done by phone?

Paypal would be best in your case. Visa Electron isn't in our supported payment option list.

-Jay

thanks, thats for replying swiftly

i'll make the arrangements through paypal and use the link you gave.

thanks again,:)

Hello again,

Could you just confirm the price in u.k pounds pls for the

My conclussion is 151.069 GBP a year yes?

The promotion KH2009 we will only accept on "monthly payments". If you order annually or quarterly we will reject the order and refund the money. So please make sure to order monthly.

As for British pounds - we work in US Dollars so not sure on that one. Which VPS are you ordering? We have tons of International clients (all pay in US Dollars) so you can pay us in US Dollars from within the Paypal interface. Hope this helps. You can call Paypal (fast to pickup phone if needed) for further assistance.

-Jay

The promotion KH2009 we will only accept on "monthly payments". If you order annually or quarterly we will reject the order and refund the money. So please make sure to order monthly.

As for British pounds - we work in US Dollars so not sure on that one. Which VPS are you ordering? We have tons of International clients (all pay in US Dollars) so you can pay us in US Dollars from within the Paypal interface. Hope this helps. You can call Paypal (fast to pickup phone if needed) for further assistance.

-Jay

This is the one I had in mind; VPS Mtx
the thing is i would rather pay yearly then monthly, Ive always paid yearly in the past and I find it much easier

You can order annually but the coupon KH2009 doesn't apply. I'd recommend paying monthly then converting to annual payments later since you get a month free. ;)

-Jay

You can order annually but the coupon KH2009 doesn't apply. I'd recommend paying monthly then converting to annual payments later since you get a month free. ;)

-Jay
I have quitea few domains would all that be transfered over and then when needed I just renew then through you?

I dont want to keep anything left one me old webhost account , eg not even to point the domain over this way

Also Ive had few of my domains already renewed, so I I did have them transfred over, would I have to pay again ?

Knownhost doesn't offer domain registration them self (They aren't Domain registrar), though they will register only single domain at the time of sign up and it is through Enom, not through knownhost itself, consider reading this post for further clarifcation:
http://forums.knownhost.com/showthread.php?p=1886#post1886

I have been using Dynadot.com, their interface is easy (Though I am not soo happy with their customer service as I am with knownhost), I am with them only due to features they provide and ease of use of account managing interface.
Here is the link to Price list which they offer: http://www.dynadot.com/company/prices.html

Com/Net/Org for 9.25$

Knownhost doesn't offer domain registration them self (They aren't Domain registrar), though they will register only single domain at the time of sign up and it is through Enom, not through knownhost itself, consider reading this post for further clarifcation:
http://forums.knownhost.com/showthread.php?p=1886#post1886

I have been using Dynadot.com, their interface is easy (Though I am not soo happy with their customer service as I am with knownhost), I am with them only due to features they provide and ease of use of account managing interface.
Here is the link to Price list which they offer: http://www.dynadot.com/company/prices.html

Com/Net/Org for 9.25$

read through the post, so I would be better of having my existing domains pointed to the server?

- also im having problems with my paypal , I have to wait 7-9 days, for a transfer to go through...time which I dont have. Is it possibe for a relative to purchase the account for me, and I set up my paypal at later date? cause the last thing I want is future payments being deducted from their account.

Yes, you can have a relative order for you. Then next month you can start paying with your paypal account. If you go this route, it's best to order monthly.

Your domains it's best to just point to your new VPS with us. This is recommended.

Thanks,
Joel

Yes, you can have a relative order for you. Then next month you can start paying with your paypal account. If you go this route, it's best to order monthly.

Your domains it's best to just point to your new VPS with us. This is recommended.

Thanks,
Joel
Hello..

I know it was suggested to pay monthly, regarding the offer but I would prefer if it was jus paid for the whole year, it saves hassle of ensuring that the funds would be transfered on time

if this is possible id like to sign up by tonight, so could get started VPS is new to me, but once I get rolling with it I should be fine (I hope)
- also just to confirm I can addon multiple domains yes? and create subdomains? I didnt see anything about the subs in the list

Status
Not open for further replies.